• 2 Post By aruba2099
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By AUA1989
  • 1 Post By AUA1989
  • 2 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By aruba2099

Thread: best sunblocks

Aruba since 1979

Interesting article about the brands and their effectiveness. Our dermatologist at the University of Pennsylvania recommends SPF70. She said that any higher does not really make a difference and you are throwing money away. I think that next time we see her I am going ask more specific questions, like what ingredients are most effective.

Wow! Quite a price difference between 1 and 2 & 3.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

My experience with the spray nozzle quality and spray pattern has been different with different brands, we have settled on Banana Boat and hate Coppertone. We prefer SPF 100 because my wife insists on it after a bad sun burn. Once bitten twice shy?

Importance of sunscreen be "Broad Spectrum" : http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cance...ur-skin-better
    Last edited by aruba2099; 05-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i give 2 thumbs down to aruba aloe lip protector stick.
    15 spf
    i applied it every 30 min and still lips fried.
    i just purchased some banana boat lip goop and will see if that works better.

I love, love, Hawaiian Tropic; Silk Hydration SPF 30 or 50. It has kept me from burning, yet I get a nice tan; and I LOVE the scent of it. And, I noticed my skin is not as dry. I often use it during the winter as a moisturizer (and to get that beachy smell).

I also think it's how the product is used and the amount of sun exposure. I put more on every hour. I alternate sitting in the direct sun and shade by about 50/50. During times that we are exposed for long periods of time, like on a snorkel cruise, I add clothing and hats.

Andrea, I use Panama Jack for lips. They have a lip balm that seems to work good for me.

Yeah! I just noticed my countdown is less than 4 months. Still too far away though.

The Target house brand spray 50 SPF... I've never been burned in Aruba (unless I forgot to apply it)! And it doesn't feel greasy when you apply it. Also has good waterproof qualities so works in and out of the pool. And it's CHEAP!!!

I like Target, very good deals and clean stores. Got two large Banana Boat SPF 50 lotion for $6 after coupons and promotion gift cards.