Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Best Way to Handle the Crying Room??

We have a couple of last drinks at One Happy Bar to use up a few remaining florin coins. Then we race to get on the plane as soon as first class boarding is announced, never even looking at folks in the crying room and spending as little time there as possible. I always get a window seat on the left side of the plane so I can see the island on departure (and arrival). With my nose pressed against the window I think about how lucky we are to be able to visit such a wonderful place and anticipate our return as the island slips out of sight...

One Happy Bar...Period!
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I think the best way to handle the crying room is to have the lounge card and relax in the AC with a beer and some snacks. The vip lounge is back open and looking very nice, they only have about another week and it will be 100% done. They have put in a very nice bar. I stopped in for a second today to check it out but since its adults only we can't go with our son.

Our flight was delayed 2 hours coming home...it would have been nicer to stay in the cool area all afternoon but all is good now that I am at home.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Everyone who has been to Aruba has had to contend with the Crying Room at the end of every visit, be it the one right by the boarding tunnel upstairs where you see all the Happy Arrivals going by, or the one downstairs where you watch the arrivals from Curacao exit the shuttle bus and make their way up to the escalator.

I'm sure that some of us have found effective ways and means to deal with the Crying room. So my question is, how do you handle the crying room??

I've always found diving into a new book that I recently purchased at the hotel or at the newsstand always helps to keep my mind off the feelings of sadness associated with leaving my One True Happy Place.

Aruba since 1979
    the lounge would be the best spot to be....minus kids.

glad that you are home!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I think the best way to handle the crying room is to have the lounge card and relax in the AC with a beer and some snacks. The vip lounge is back open and looking very nice, they only have about another week and it will be 100% done. They have put in a very nice bar. I stopped in for a second today to check it out but since its adults only we can't go with our son.

Our flight was delayed 2 hours coming home...it would have been nicer to stay in the cool area all afternoon but all is good now that I am at home.

I find a distraction. I will sit and look around at the other travellers and wonder what adventures they had. I wonder who they are. I wonder what they do at home. Then I see Aruban folks waiting. I wonder where they are going and why.

I look around at the expressions on the faces. Some seem happy. Some seem to have blank stares. There are mothers grappling with the occasional crying infant. Fathers wait at the desk waiting to collapse strollers. There are students who have just had what is probably their first away from home adventure.

The crying room contains many human fascinations. Just watch and let the mind run free.
    For an Aruba based novel read my Books

"Journey of Betrayasls" available now on Amazon or at certain bookstores in Aruba
    or

"Journey to Unknown Consequences" available this November, 2017

John

www.homeaway.com/3507664

We hurl wheels of Gouda at each other until they kick us out of duty free. Then we loudly sing rugby songs. And, by "rugby songs", I mean, "show tunes".

Don't cry for me, Aruba-tinaaaaaa.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I start catching up on all the crap I couldn't have cared less about while I was enjoying my vacation. I absolutely do not look at new arrivals.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    I start catching up on all the crap I couldn't have cared less about while I was enjoying my vacation. I absolutely do not look at new arrivals.
    The Curt Crap Catch--Up. I'd order that at Yemanja. "Mmmmmmm...nutty...."

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We hurl wheels of Gouda at each other until they kick us out of duty free. Then we loudly sing rugby songs. And, by "rugby songs", I mean, "show tunes".

Don't cry for me, Aruba-tinaaaaaa.
    Can you PLEASE come hang at the airport with me?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i was thinking the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Can you PLEASE come hang at the airport with me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast