Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Best Way to Handle the Crying Room??

That could be my new Aruba traveling shirt!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I am a business man at heart. I am going to have my art department create something....I actually have some printing connections that I could pump out shirts at a decent price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That could be my new Aruba traveling shirt!

I am going to create a contest at school and see what the kids can do with the understanding I own what they create, lol but they will get an award of some type. Some are very artistic. I think I am going to talk with the art teachers at the high school I coach at. I don't know them as of yet but it may be time to introduce myself, lol.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    I try to have a positive attitude. My "crying" usually takes place a day or so before we leave but by the time I get to the airport I have come to accept the fact that we are leaving and am looking forward to our next visit.
    My DH, on the other hand, can never get over leaving. As the people departing the plane we are about to board are coming down the ramp smiling, my husband ALWAYS says "don't look at them". LOL

Aruba since 1979
    one of our forum members' husband does not get off the beach til 15 min before theyhave to leave for the airport.
    he is a hold out. " so lucky" that they have not run into difficulties with lines or missing their flight due to his beaching
    they spend as little time as possible in that crying room.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    I try to have a positive attitude. My "crying" usually takes place a day or so before we leave but by the time I get to the airport I have come to accept the fact that we are leaving and am looking forward to our next visit.
    My DH, on the other hand, can never get over leaving. As the people departing the plane we are about to board are coming down the ramp smiling, my husband ALWAYS says "don't look at them". LOL
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-24-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Stop at the One Happy Bar for Balashi's & Cheese Panini's and run over to the Aloe shop!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have to admit upon arrival in Aruba I do look down at the people in the dreaded crying room, so it is only fair they check us out too! I always look to see how the "tans" are which is a heads up on how sunny it has been.

At departure I cannot sit still as I will be sitting way too long on 2 planes to get home. I spend my time shopping for more Aruba trinkets and then try to stuff them into my already overstuffed carry-on Last year my favorite airport find was coffee mugs, tall black ones with silver glitter "Aruba - One Happy Island" use it every day and makes me smile.

I will sometimes partake in a last amstel bright while DH has a bloody mary or two. Always happy to get to gate early and just chill and watch all the crazy people who never give themselves enough time. I do watch the people arriving and say how lucky are they to begin their trips, even though they look exhausted from flying they will soon be re-energized like all of us when we feel that rush of warm Aruba air.

This year we took silly pictures of us pretending to cry. I am usually looking forward to seeing my family and am so grateful each year to have had the experience of Aruba again. Start looking forward to next year.

I am usually good until the plane takes off, then I ALWAYS make the mistake of looking out the window to try to find the Natural Pool (no luck yet...) and then I cry, can't help it....I swear every trip I won't do it again and of course I always do....do not know to this day why I insist on torturing myself !!!
    AND of course Dh calls me ridiculous for crying but that is because he is always ready to come home and I am NEVER ready to leave !!!
    Maybe having typed this out and realized how dumb I am for doing it I will be better prepared in November when its time to leave,,,,,,NOT !!!!
    so sad, so pitiful.......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234