Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By rob o
  • 3 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Best Way to Spend New Year's Eve - Both Daytime and Evening

Best Way to Spend New Year's Eve - Both Daytime and Evening

Would love to populate this thread with experienced Aruba New Year's travelers' opinions on the best way to spend the day and evening of December 31, 2014?

For dining thoughts......please go to CindyO's thread on Dining.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Daytime, if you can tear yourself from the beach, there are pagara's. This one was followed by a group of Dande singers.

Our first year in Aruba for New Year's, 2007, there was only 1 large pagara which we were aware of and it was in Oranjestad.
    Now it seems everyone has them? This year not only was there a large pagara in Oranjestad (I believe it was a 3 pm), but also Palm Beach and somewhere near Super Foods if not at Super Foods.
    I distinctly remember hearing it on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor and it seemingly went on forever!

Nighttime many of the resorts have New Year's Eve parties. The party we attended this year at the Amsterdam Manor included a 5 course sit down dinner, live music, dancing, a Carnival show and then midnight champagne toast with fireworks. See attached menu. Price was $95 per adult with a discount for 12 and under.

We enjoyed the party very much but opted to buy a bottle of champagne from the bar and bring it back to our oceanfront balcony so that we could advantage of the view for the midnight fireworks. We had a view of not only the Amsterdam Manor's fireworks in front of the resort (before the aerial fireworks there was a pagara ), but also the fireworks next door at La Cabana and beyond southward on the beach. A bonus were the fireworks inland which could also be seen from our balcony.

Many people say that the best views of the fireworks are from the California Lighthouse but I would imagine it is very very crowded and once the fireworks are over, with the traffic, it will be difficult to get back to your hotel. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that no matter where you are on the island, starting with Boxing Day onward through New Years you will have your fill of fireworks and New Year's Eve they will be seen anywhere!

I am sure everyone has their own New Year's Eve traditions. I cannot imagine spending NYE in Aruba and not having a terrific time!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-26-2014 at 03:06 PM.

This view was from the roof of the Riu??? WOW

As always, Lisa, you come up with reports that are tough to beat. Thank you.

of course.....we would like to hear from anyone who has
    been there for New Year, including our Aruban friends.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We spent NYE in Aruba about 3 years ago and attended the same 5 course dinner/party with dancing, etc. that Lisa did at Amsterdam Manor around their pool deck. Had a great dinner, great music, and enjoyed the fireworks from there as well.

Pagaras were everywhere when we there. So much so that the bottoms of all of my shoes were red from the leftover red paper in the streets and the 2 days leading up to NYE were a constant of "pagara noise" (sometimes it sounded like gunfire that wouldn't quit and we thought maybe it was time to hit the dirt.) LOL!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I just received the Amsterdam Manor's New Year's Eve menu for 2014! Grouper or Beef Tenderloin? Decisions, decisions, decisions ...Looking forward to it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Way to Spend New Year's Eve - Both Daytime and Evening-new-year-2014-2015-page-001.jpg