Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Smile Best way to visit Marriott Renassance? LG Smith??

We are going to Aruba this April and staying at the Radisson, while we are there we want to check out the Renaissance to see if we may like to stay there in the future. I was thinking of dinning at LG Smith, but it looked very pricey. Is it any where near El Gaucho, Driftwood or Wacky Wahoos as we are dining there for sure and maybe we could get a peak at the resort before dinner. On the other hand, is LG Smith really good that it may be worth the price any way?
    Thanks for any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jcmelly View Post
    We are going to Aruba this April and staying at the Radisson, while we are there we want to check out the Renaissance to see if we may like to stay there in the future. I was thinking of dinning at LG Smith, but it looked very pricey. Is it any where near El Gaucho, Driftwood or Wacky Wahoos as we are dining there for sure and maybe we could get a peak at the resort before dinner. On the other hand, is LG Smith really good that it may be worth the price any way?
    Thanks for any thoughts
    I got a dining certificate from Marriot for $109.00 which gets us two dinners.
    Appetizer, salad, soup, entree, dessert and beverage. (not a bad deal if ya ask me- so now this place is affordable for us.

there is also a $20.00 off coupon floating around that I foun don some card. I'll see where I found that at for you.

To truly appreciate the Renaissance (either one, Marina or Beach Tower) you have to take a trek out to the private island...their private beach. In my family's opinion...it's the best place in Aruba.

Unfortunately, if you're not a guest, you have to pay (or course, that's good for guests!). It used to be $50 pp/day, including lunch on the private island. Purchase at concierge desk. It may have gone up....not sure. Boat to island leaves hotels every 15 minutes.

PS....El Gaucho and Driftwood are a short walk (5 blocks?) away.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Renaissance private island, if not staying at the Marina Resort or Ocean Suites is now $75. p.p. which includes lunch, 1 drink and water float. The Driftwood is closer to the Renaissance than El Gaucho. If you do want to dine at L.G. Smith's you can order the 2 for 1 dinner coupon at https://gifts.marriott.com Takes less than 2 weeks to receive it in the mail.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    i went to that marriott website but all they were offering was the $109.00 package..go to www.arubadiscountcoupons.com and you will see the $20 off coupon if you spend $100 at lg smith's..for two people a dinner with apps, dessert and drinks with tip is usually about $100 but you can't combine the $20 off coupon with any others..
    scott and tricia

Quote Originally Posted by sagman17 View Post
    i went to that marriott website but all they were offering was the $109.00 package..go to www.arubadiscountcoupons.com and you will see the $20 off coupon if you spend $100 at lg smith's..for two people a dinner with apps, dessert and drinks with tip is usually about $100 but you can't combine the $20 off coupon with any others..
    Thanks for the helpful responses. I printed the $20 coupon. We will be dinning with another couple, does anyone know if each couple can use the $20 coupon if we spend over $100 per couple? Do they have a kids menu for 10 & 12 year olds?
    Thanks

We love to make LG SMith our last night dinner. We love it there and yes, it is more expensive than El Gaucho, etc. but it is beautiful there and we always save it for last.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

About a block away is the Yemanja Wood Fired Grill which we found very good and reasonably priced. Dine in or outside.

http://www.yemanja-aruba.com/
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada