Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beverages on beach and Keeping belongings safe

Beverages on beach and Keeping belongings safe

I am traveling to Aruba for the first time this september and I could not be more excited!
    I do have a question/concern. We are staying at the all inclusive Divi resort. Can you bring beverages from the bars to the beach? Also, why are people saying you should bring your own cups?

One more question, when on the beach, are the things you bring safe if you decide to take a dip in the water?
    Thanks so much!!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

yes you can bring beverages from the bar to the beach and pool.

some folks prefer their insulated cups to help the drinks stay colder longer.

i will find the thread "what do i do with my stuff" and will come back and post a link in the next post.

again, welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoExcited View Post
    I am traveling to Aruba for the first time this september and I could not be more excited!
    I do have a question/concern. We are staying at the all inclusive Divi resort. Can you bring beverages from the bars to the beach? Also, why are people saying you should bring your own cups?

One more question, when on the beach, are the things you bring safe if you decide to take a dip in the water?
    Thanks so much!!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/vacati...y-stuff-41293/

pacsafe?
    happy reading...........click above links.

you will be oke!

Divi is one big beach. so the bar's are on the beach and yes it is safe. I should always put my passport etc in a room-safe... but the rest sunglasses cellphone, is all oke. from everywhere in the water you can see what is happening. it is not overly crouded there. you will love it!

Have a happy holiday

Theo

Talking

Awesome, thanks for the help. I am so excited. I can't do anything at work but look at Aruba stuff online!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/vacati...y-stuff-41293/

pacsafe?
    happy reading...........click above links.
    Andrea, if you're anything like me, on your first trip to Aruba in 1979, you had nothing so valuable that anyone would bother stealing. Remember when we went to the beach with a bottle of suntan *lotion*, a paperback book, a little mad money, a pair of cheap sunglasses and maybe a camera?..lol Now, I have special sunglasses with bifocals for reading, a Kindle, a digital camera, two types of sunscreen, and a cell phone.

I learned about the Vacation Vault from this web site, and I love it. My Kindle doesn't fit, but I hook my beach bag to the long cord of the VV and wrap it around one of the wooden braces of my palapa. I honestly believe our things are very safe on the beach, but I don't feel comfortable taking chances.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Aruba since 1979
    EXACTLY!!
    One of the most important items in our timeshare box is our "powerstrip"........for all of the chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Andrea, if you're anything like me, on your first trip to Aruba in 1979, you had nothing so valuable that anyone would bother stealing. Remember when we went to the beach with a bottle of suntan *lotion*, a paperback book, a little mad money, a pair of cheap sunglasses and maybe a camera?..lol Now, I have special sunglasses with bifocals for reading, a Kindle, a digital camera, two types of sunscreen, and a cell phone.

I learned about the Vacation Vault from this web site, and I love it. My Kindle doesn't fit, but I hook my beach bag to the long cord of the VV and wrap it around one of the wooden braces of my palapa. I honestly believe our things are very safe on the beach, but I don't feel comfortable taking chances.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
    and yes it is safe. I should always put my passport etc in a room-safe...Have a happy holiday

Theo

Way too many reports of stuff being stolen from their tables while people are in the waters.. okay maybe one or two but to me thats too many.

The people there are still strangers-
    keep your stuff safe- put away or locked away- I would NOT leave "stuff" out in the open

We went with the Pacsafe system for the first time this trip and loved it! Though it was not cheap, we will get many years use out of it and now that we have actually used it, knowing the security it provided, we feel that it was money very well spent.

My dh traveled with a backpack for the very first time and LOVED it. He will never go back to his wheeled carry on and separate computer bag EVER again. His Pacsafe backpack had a separate padded compartment solely for the laptop.

Separately we purchased Pacsafe's retractable cable lock. We used this to thread through the tamper proof zippers of the backpack attaching the entire backpack, with my DSLR camera inside as well as our three kindles, to the post of the palapa. All 4 items are too large for the vacation vault so this served two purposes. We used it for air travel to Aruba and pack and each day on the beach as well.

It was easy to hop in the water to cool off or go off to lunch without having to lug a beach bag and other assorted gadgets with us.

Which model of back pack. Looks intersting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We went with the Pacsafe system for the first time this trip and loved it! Though it was not cheap, we will get many years use out of it and now that we have actually used it, knowing the security it provided, we feel that it was money very well spent.

My dh traveled with a backpack for the very first time and LOVED it. He will never go back to his wheeled carry on and separate computer bag EVER again. His Pacsafe backpack had a separate padded compartment solely for the laptop.

Separately we purchased Pacsafe's retractable cable lock. We used this to thread through the tamper proof zippers of the backpack attaching the entire backpack, with my DSLR camera inside as well as our three kindles, to the post of the palapa. All 4 items are too large for the vacation vault so this served two purposes. We used it for air travel to Aruba and pack and each day on the beach as well.

It was easy to hop in the water to cool off or go off to lunch without having to lug a beach bag and other assorted gadgets with us.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast