Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beverages on beach and Keeping belongings safe

Quote Originally Posted by rapp110 View Post
    We leave our stuff on the beach and have never had a problem. But we don'treally bring anything that has much value.
    Good. But do potential theives know that?
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    in this day of e-readers/tablets we have a small fortune tied up with our devices.
    as well as cameras etc..

we need things like the vacation vault and pacsafe etc...
    or maybe we all need a brinks truck beside us on the beach

I know you are joking about the Brinks truck Andrea, but what happened to all of us going on vacation and getting off the grid, per se? I agree we all have our e-readers now, and a camera, but do we really need all of the I-Pads, tablets, phones etc. that take up so much space physically and emotionally? I carry my Kindle and camera to the beach/pool, but aren't we supposed to be taking a break from the rat race? I leave my laptop in the room for DW to do Facebook and for me to check email if family checks in, but I don't see the need for all of the electronics poolside or at the beach. Maybe it's just me, but it is a vacation... right?

Walt

Aruba since 1979
    my husband and i use our ipads to the beach for reading. (you bring your kindle to the beach/pool??)
    if we can pick up a wifi signal at the beach..good, if not, ok too!

yes the brinks truck was a joke. i forgot to
    add a .

there are many people that work online daily and can work easily at home, or aruba, or wherever life may take them.

i have a friend who teaches classes for U of Phoenix and must be online 2 or 3 hours a day even when vacationing.

even when in aruba, lisa and i find time to keep up on the forum.

so yes, maybe lots go off the electronic grid, and lots don't and there is nothing wrong with either i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I know you are joking about the Brinks truck Andrea, but what happened to all of us going on vacation and getting off the grid, per se? I agree we all have our e-readers now, and a camera, but do we really need all of the I-Pads, tablets, phones etc. that take up so much space physically and emotionally? I carry my Kindle and camera to the beach/pool, but aren't we supposed to be taking a break from the rat race? I leave my laptop in the room for DW to do Facebook and for me to check email if family checks in, but I don't see the need for all of the electronics poolside or at the beach. Maybe it's just me, but it is a vacation... right?

Walt

Forget the electronics. Will these bags hold ice & beer? That's reason enough to have a strong lock.

Aruba since 1979
    Now you are talkin coolie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123