Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Big thank-you

Big thank-you

My aruba story started approx. 17 / 18 years ago when I was in my early 20's with my girlfriend/wife. We went to aruba with (tnt/gwv) on a last minute trip that cost approx. 400.00 and stayed at the Sonsesta (Renasience) The flight was delyaed for about 6 hours and we arrived at 7am and was reimbursed 200.00. So 3 nights and airfare to Aruba for 200.00 was a good start.

After visiting a few other islands we started to come back and started to visit Aruba again. We spent or honeymoon at the Divi/Tama, stayed at the Wyndham/Westin, Allegro many times (Occidental), Lacabana, and Brickell Bay. We made many friends and invested in some land and built a home 6 years ago. We obtained our residency and In travel back and forth about every 6 wks.

I decided to invest in another project which has been very stressfull to say the least. I had to let go a friend/manager and had to extend a stay from 2 weeks to a month. While dealing with the transition and Aruba laws and some translations problems on my part with the workers, I was stressed to the fullest. Ontop of these issues, I had a mother cat on the property and who delivered kittens in the office of this building. I will be honet I never liked cats before and had no idea what I was in for. I was told by the old owners that they would take care of them but when I came into the office which was hot, there was often no food or water. I started to take care of the mother and she was doing a great job with the kittens who she hid under many computer/phone wires and behind a cabinet. I had no idea how the mother was able to get to the kittens to care for them but she did and was very loyal and motherly. Well the mom and I became best of buds.

I contacted Lizzardo and Andrea from this site and explained situation and although Liz was dealing with some family medical issues on her own she stepped right up and worked her magic. I was hesitant in contacting her as I felt guilty, ofter I would read how her organization would need supply from the states and her I would be going to the island almost every month but not bring one thing. I also never contributed before to her funds, I also felt guilty as I asked Andrea for help as I would often have info or news about aruba but only contribute a little here and there.

Liz made several contacts and e-mailed me several times a day. While speaking with Liz the old owners came by and stated that someone was going to pick them up and take care of them. This was through some broken translation and after Liz asked my to ask more questions I was able to determine that take care of would have been having this male who works on the island and picks cats up kill them. This is when Liz saved them and contacted Yessy and all I had to do was to pay a small amount to have them boarded and taken care of while I'm gone. You can see the pictures of the mom cat and kittens on the aruba kitten rescue site. I will also assist in paying for adoption fee's/flight ticket if needed and Liz and Yessy are handling that if interested. Also the problem with translation with my workers was solved by Andrea/Liz as Yessy's brother Max was looking for some work and helped me for a few days.

Sorry if this is long and I just wanted to say that alot of you do help us and although alot of us just read we really appreciate all of the postings and info from Aruba Lisa, the O family, Andrea, Amy, Danny, Liz, Lizzardo and all of the others who I may have forgot. I especially want to THANK LIZZARDO FOR HER HELP. I will continue to help her cause and really appreciate all her help.
    sorry about spelling

Any Aruba beach...
    Mark, that is quite a story. Best wishes on your business ventures and participation in the forum. Even if only "when you are able".

Liz has done an amazing job in rescuing cats on the island. I thank you as well for rescuing these kitties and not just looking the other way.

Somehow I just have a feeling your kitties will all find new homes soon!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks mark

blessings to you on your new venture and i am sure the kittens will be adopted to great homes.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    That was a nice letter, thank you for sharing your story. I actually knew some of the story as I am "Facebook Friends" with Aruba Kitten Rescue. The mom and babies are adorable! I hope they find great homes for them. I wish I could have a kitty, but my husband is allergic. I have to get my cat fix when I visit friends and family.

It is so sad to think that there is actually someone you can call who will just come and kill the cats! I find that to be appalling.

I am heading down next week and plan to bring some donations in my luggage.

Mark, along with the adventures and getting to know the Island; doing business there; having a nice relationship with Andrea; Aruba Lisa; Liz'' Lizzardo and others and your help with those who cannot help themselves...the cats and kittens; I am sure that you have endeared yourself to all the Forum Members.

I thoroughly enjoyed your narrative. Hope all continues to go well with you.

Any Aruba beach...
    Aruba Kitten Rescue info and contacts for the

Office mom and babies are now in a safe place!

There is a link to facebook info on the kittens as well.

Marriott Surf Club
    Great story.At one time or another we all need some help or advice and even if its not Aruba related someone from this forum steps up.Yes we are a bunch of crazy Aruba lovers but we all help each other when we can.

Thanks so much Mark for your nice post. I was and am more than willing
    to help the cats and kittens of Aruba since there are really no resources
    for cats. There are a few rescues who do dogs who are wonderful people
    that sometimes helps me with cats.

Having done cat rescue for five years and knowing the inside story, I was
    so glad that I got back to Mark in time before the cats were 'taken care of'.
    I have heard this line way too many times that someone from the animal
    shelter will come and get them. The animal shelter has room for because they can only hold about 10 cats and 15 kittens often more because it's so hard to say no but it is really hard to get them in there. Bottom line is if someone says that to you -it means something else entirely.

I was very happy to help out and I am going to stay committed to the cats
    and kittens in Aruba. I have seen and know too many things there and
    as most of you know - Aruba finds a very special place in your heart.

If anyone would like to adopt one of the kittens - they are just adorable
    and will be ready in about three weeks. If you can't take them into
    your home, please consider taking them to a no kill shelter so they
    have a chance of finding a really good home.

We will provide the carrier and everything you need for the kitten and
    the only thing that is needed is a certificate of health since they are
    too young for their rabies shot which costs around $20 US and a
    ticket on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Great story.At one time or another we all need some help or advice and even if its not Aruba related someone from this forum steps up.Yes we are a bunch of crazy Aruba lovers but we all help each other when we can.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

The Beach!
    Bully pointed out your business when we went on our tour! Good luck!
    Decided to take down my timer!