Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bird Sanctuary "development"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and the topic is Development at the Bird Sanctuary
    and my concern, while venturing a little off topic, is that the developments going on there with the proximity to Eagle Beach may not be positive for either the beach or the nature conservatory of Bubali. I wonder if any environmental assessment was done? Ne Marriott in Bubali across from CHENGS, new development across from Tropicana and Superfood, new condos near Divi Phoenix, more condos with LeEvent near Swiss Chalet, expansion of the Blue Residences and so on.

it really seems too much

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    There are two photos of Bubali development, before and after:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It is crappy about the birds, I am sad about that. I do agree that Palm Beach is at is saturation point...it is far from the beach I fell in love with in 1996. I can't stand the amount of umbrellas.

Sorry now back to the topic at hand.

What we all fell in love with seems to be just our reminiscing over what is already gone. When I first walked around downtown it had a unique untainted quality. Nobody grabbing at you for braids/trinkets. Small mom and pop stores selling gifts you could buy in Florida but shops/owner were so charming it didn't matter that the word "aruba" was just a placed sticker on the souvenir. Driving up to the High Rises (then only just selling TS for the first Marriott) everything was soooooo quiet. The beaches were not overcrowded, not all of the watersport activities...I could go on and on.....
    Those were most of the reasons we bought on Aruba and continue to go back. I remember when we bought at Divi...the gentleman said...there will be no more big hi-rises built because the govt wants to preserve the look of the island....HA !!! I think that lasted until the next year when we went down and ground was being broken for another high rise.......
    It is a shame that all it takes is money offered to the govt for the land that isn't supposed to be built on to be built on.....so sad.
    My friends that are Aruba do not agree with the govt either but basically have no say either. They tell me with each new election the new govt promises to protect the island, but money is money and pockets need filled.......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

This all reminds of the Monty Python sketch with Eric Idle singing " Money money money money....".
    Sad but painfully true, filthy lucre makes the world go 'round.

CK1
    Here is the Facebook site of Greg Peterson, he LOVES Aruba's bird life and nature, has some of the most gorgeous photos of Aruba's beautiful birds.

He also tries to bring awareness to protect Bubali Bird Sanctuary. Here is an excerpt, much more info including pictures of Bubali's building developments on his FB:

Beauty in Aruba: NOT FOR SALE!
    There is a part of Aruba’s beauty that should not be for sale, for it belongs to future generations.
    It belongs to Aruba’s children and it is priceless.
    Please stop destroying the Bubali Nature Area.

https://www.facebook.com/ArubaBirdlife

CK1
    There is this article in Amigo who mentions several sites:

Google Translation:

"Reevaluate Spatial Development"

Monday, April 25, 2016 13:52

ORANJESTAD - During a working visit to various projects Infrastructure Minister Benny Sevinger said that the Spatial Development Plan (ROP) should be reconsidered for Aruba. So inclue many things in it and not to be solved.

The ROP made in recent months much unrest in society, as would be built in nature. "This government is the first to work with a ROP," said Sevinger. "We've found several things that need to be adjusted." He refers to the Bubali area. That was the minister was declared a residential area, half to green zone. At that time there was already infrastructure (road) and three of the four houses under construction. That's not true, says the minister.

Connection with nature

"The ROP is not static," says Sevinger. "Governments change and generations, including changes should be possible here." Land should be able to change with changes in the economy or industry. "But there must be a plan largely because we have to protect our nature." The Minister wants to see if can be made a connection between society and nature. "There are ten thousand people on the waiting list for a site. 3500 people waiting for social housing. It is therefore important that decisions are taken. "On that Sevinger meet with experts.

On the rumor that there are areas issued in the near Boca Catalina, the Minister responded that this is not true, but that the land years ago are marked. Thousands of people were there already have applied for and have all been rejected. Sevinger reports that the Cabinet is working on making decisions to keep just quiet area. In that place land issue will never happen according to the minister.

Bushiri

With project leaders include Public Works Sevinger visited several projects in the pipeline. As the multifunctional accommodation (MFA) in Paradera and the construction of the sewer system to Bubali Plas, both of whom are in the final stage. The minister looked at the ground in Bushiri hotel, which is slated to be demolished. The parliamentary approval is not there yet, but the master plan for development of the site is in the final design stage, according Sevinger. It is envisaged that there will be a continuation of the former and Linear Park Mambo Beach comes back, by which the site is a public area for recreation.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/226705-r...ieuw-evalueren

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/ArubaBirdlife

there is a posting on the above FB page with information re: donating to help with the legal/court costs

CK1
    Article in Noticia.com - Google Translation:

Judge: Government can not just be different from their own policy

Posted on 06/2/2016 9:35 am AST | Updated on 06/2/2016 9:37 am AST

ORANJESTAD - "The government can not just differ from its own policy. By adopting a policy, the government undertakes, "said the judge in a lawsuit it filed Wednesday. The lawsuit filed by the Aruba Birdlife Conservation (ABC) to the way the government deals with areas in the 'green zone', including those around the Bubali Plas, to denounce.

THE CASE

ABC brought in the lawsuit show that the Aruban government is in breach of the statutory rules for spatial development (LRO) and the ROP (Regional Development) to the allocation of sites for example hotels. The government would need to prohibit the right to develop certain areas or to issue lease, under penalty of a fine of 250,000 florins. On the part of the government stated that there is indeed a policy has been established, but that it may deviate from it.

The case did not take much time (1 hour) and the advocacy of both parties was short. It did put it forward a discussion between the parties and the court, especially with the way the government spends areas. Moreover, the government's lawyer could not answer several questions from the judge and thus gave itself a proof of what she had said at the outset, namely that it had not received a lot of preparation time.

PLEA ABC

On behalf of ABC lawyer Geert Rep stated that the government is acting contrary to the law and the policy by issuing areas where it is not authorized. ABC tries this development to a halt over the lawsuit. The grounds at stake in the lawsuit is located in Bubali puddle. Although it belongs to the green zone, has built a large condominium complex and there are expansion plans. In support a unanimous vote of February 6, 2013 of the Parliament of Aruba was presented, which called, inter alia, to declare the site is in a protected area.

URGENT INTEREST

Why a lawsuit has been filed, because there is a compelling interest. Except for several fields have been issued, which are now under development, there are several other issues in preparation. ABC therefore wants the court imposes a disciplinary measure, which the government - pending proceedings on the merits - is forbidden to engage in any activities in this direction, or a penalty will be fined.

STATE DEFENSE

On behalf of the government was disputed the urgency of the matter and stated that there was no urgent demand interest. Counsel admitted that in 2014 and 2015 sites have been issued, which meet all the conditions. The company to (condominiumcomplex) has received approval for expansion was denied on the part of the government.

JUDGE: POLICY NOT JUST DIFFERENT

The judge was clear in this case: the government can not simply depart from its own policy. When asked by the judge why the government though has done in the present case, the government lawyer had no answer: "I have not received an answer here by the minister."

"Bubali PLAS IS NOT PROTECTED AREA '

Remarkably, the US Attorney claimed the Bubali puddle is not a protected area. It would also, according to her almost no birds anymore, because the lake almost dry. The attendees were very surprised by this. It was also noteworthy that the US Attorney was barely able to answer questions from the judge. The court wanted a guarantee that the pending court case, the government grands no more lease or construction permits. In such cases, no disciplinary action would be needed. The lawyer has promised this to advise the government.

The judge does present a verdict in this case in about three weeks.

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/6138

CK1
    Yeah! So are, a great success! Hope, it will stay that way!

Court: Aruba Birdlife Conservation wins against interlocutory Aruba Land

Posted on 06/7/2016 10:19 am AST | Updated on 06/7/2016 11:17 am AST

ORANJESTAD - The court in the first instance made a judgment on June 7, 2016 in the lawsuit that was filed by Aruba Birdlife Conservation (ABC) against the Aruba Land. With the lawsuit ABC wanted to prevent the setting up of a number of plots, located in the green area around the Bulbaliplas hotel amenities. To this end the land had two developers - now expired - options granted to acquire the land for lease. On a portion of the land has recently been removed vegetation, apparently making for the purpose of site preparation of the land in anticipation of the issue of leasehold. ABC has asked the court to prohibit the land parcels to issue leasehold and recommended that the Land take enforcement action to prevent further degradation of the natural values ​​of the land.

The court upheld the application of ABC. The dish is ABC considers that the creation of hotels on the parcels is contrary to the Spatial Development Plan (ROP) established in 2009 and is valid for ten years. In the ROP plots designated as "green area". The creation of hotels on such grounds in the opinion of the court clearly contrary to that destination. The land is located in the management of domain lands and to keep the issue of land in long lease to the ROP, unless there are sufficiently compelling reasons to deviate from the ROP. Land, however, could not say why should be waived in the case of the ROP. The parcels to issue lease or permit in anticipation of activities contrary to the destination "green field" acts carried Land unlawfully against ABC. Read verdict here. Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/6182

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast