Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Banned

bishop's thread is gone

A question to the ArubaForum moderator. Did you mean it when you wrote 'hx_guy' that, and I quote;
    " we look forward to reading your opinions.
    after all this is a board of opinions and bantering."
    andrea j.
    Back from Aruba...yes, the "dissapointed" guy...
    Please reopen for comments the thread from arubaness entitled "The problem with this forum".

KK
    Last edited by KK and Lj; 08-24-2008 at 12:27 AM.

Bishop was a previously banned member.

Aruba since 1979
    KK&LjA one word answer to your question is YES. Bishop is/was a banned member.ArubaLisa explained...Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by KK&Lj View Post
    A question to the ArubaForum moderator. Did you mean it when you wrote 'hx_guy' that, and I quote;
    " we look forward to reading your opinions.
    after all this is a board of opinions and bantering."
    andrea j.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-24-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: added closing quote for ease of reading ;-)

okay here's what the moderators of this site need to do:

a) stop bullying posters when they present an opposing view. no one should be forced to explain their beliefs - especially when the request is made in an argumentative, discouraging, and demeaning manner.

b) stop closing and locking threads that don't fit your needs - such as mine and that of countless others - bishop's for example. so long as we're not posting provocative or pervasive materials, there should be no reason for our voices to be muted by 3 individuals - the moderators (andrea mostly).

c) let people say what they want. the moderators censure this site like we're living in china.

d) the moderators need to back off and chill out. your job is not to censure the site to fit your needs but to ensure no one gets hurt or illegal activity takes place on this site. and from the nature of the posts that you've targeted to date since i've recently joined this site, i don't believe they've fit any of those description.

i'm sure this post too will be closed or locked down for some capricious reasons that one of you moderators will conjure - like you closed my other thread b/c i wasn't asking a question? since when did every thread have to be about a question? can't we just express our views - whether they're positive or negative?

by the way, i will keep posting this until changes are made. so, don't bother locking or closing it. and if my id is "banned" i'll simply make a new one. this authoritative regime needs to end. this site needs to be a public modem of free speech.

Bishop was a bad boy.Bad boys cant play,too Bishop.

Bishop...Arubanees,or whatever you go by,if you don't like the way this forum is run ,why don't you start your own site.The moderators of this forum are not paid for what they do and spend alot of there own time to make it work..Keep up the great work moderators.

YOU ARE 100% right DANNYO
    aruba lover 99

45 th trip coming soon

Aruba since 1979
    time to move forward thread closed andrea j.(unfortunately i have just been referred to as gestapo.............that is a hurtful and a mean analogy........we.............the moderators do the best we can and if it warrants being called a gestapo, then i guess i just have to suck it up and move forward........therefore to move forward, i am closing the thread)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-24-2008 at 02:23 PM.