Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marandis Bingoes Marriott Surf Club Lazy River

Red face blackberry or setar

Trying to decide which is a better deal. Anyone have a blackberry with International upgrade? Do the BBM's still work in Aruba? Should I just bit the bullet and get a phone when I get to Aruba? First time in 12 yearzs I have to worry about this! Ah my daughter's boyfriend!
    Eileen[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Aruba since 1979
    we have the blackberry, but chose NO on the international upgrade.
    the minutes are just too costly.

we bit the bullet a few yrs ago and bought an aruba cell phone....a cheapo no frills NOKIA and added the minutes (pay as we go).
    works fine for our needs.

If you have the international Blackberry, all you have to do is tell your cell phone carrier that you want the phone "unlocked'. The phone carrier will provide you with a code to enter into your phone to complete the process. Once the phone is unlocked, buy a Setar simm card at the airport, remove the current simm card and replace with the Setar card. You can than go to any store and buy the Setar recharge cards to add additional minutes.

I use my Blackberry on every trip to Aruba and throughout Europe and it works great.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    If you have the international Blackberry, all you have to do is tell your cell phone carrier that you want the phone "unlocked'. The phone carrier will provide you with a code to enter into your phone to complete the process. Once the phone is unlocked, buy a Setar simm card at the airport, remove the current simm card and replace with the Setar card. You can than go to any store and buy the Setar recharge cards to add additional minutes.

I use my Blackberry on every trip to Aruba and throughout Europe and it works great.

Regards,
    That's exactly what I do when we go to Aruba. My carrier, T-Mobile says to just make sure I give them at least one week notice before we leave for them to unlock the phone. It's very easy, and the booth is right before you exit the airport.

I have a Sprint Blackberry, and It does not need to be unlocked, just pop in Aruba SIM card and you are aready to go. Not sure about how the DATA will get used up tho on it with the sim card....
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    i should have elaborated more...we have the verizon locked BB

Marandis Bingoes Marriott Surf Club Lazy River
    Super! Thanks everyone!
    Eileen[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    That's exactly what I do when we go to Aruba. My carrier, T-Mobile says to just make sure I give them at least one week notice before we leave for them to unlock the phone. It's very easy, and the booth is right before you exit the airport.

That booth is no longer there. You need to goto their location or have delivered to the hotel now.
    Decided to take down my timer!

We bought a cheap, unlocked cell and get a SIM card for $20.00 from Arubafastphones. Iris delivered it to us at the Divi this year. Last year, we got it at the airport. It works great and we still have time left, after two weeks.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    That booth is no longer there. You need to goto their location or have delivered to the hotel now.
    Any idea where their location is now? I'm glad I'm finding this out now, and not when we get there! Thank you

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast