Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66
  1. #11
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Any idea where their location is now? I'm glad I'm finding this out now, and not when we get there! Thank you

    Shelley, I am not sure wher they are now. But http://www.arubafastphones.com/ is the company. The picture on the website shows them there, but they are not. Contact them as "dogwriter" did and they will help you out.

    I just found this also. Very interesting!
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/blackberry.html
    Last edited by Sgroi135; 07-25-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Decided to take down my timer!

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    aruba fast phones is charles' former company.
    iris has taken over the business and has changed the concept to "we deliver to you".

    aruba discount cell phone rental ( sgroi's link in prior post.) lately has gotten may rave reviews

  3. #13
    Senior Member dogwriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    Shelley, I am not sure wher they are now. But http://www.arubafastphones.com/ is the company. The picture on the website shows them there, but they are not. Contact them as "dogwriter" did and they will help you out.

    I just found this also. Very interesting!
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/blackberry.html
    I sent a request via the online form and Iris emailed back, setting up a time, date and location. She was right on time at the Divi and installed the SIM card. Also taped instructions to the phone for use, balance checking and adding time. I liked not having to stop at the airport on arrival.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

  4. #14
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    I contacted http://arubadiscountcell.com/blackberry.html and inquired about a SIM for blackberries. They will sell a SIM for your unlocked Blackberry. The price is the same $50. I would personally get a sim for my phone vs using their rental. I would not want any of my information on their rental handheld.

    $50 for unlimited internet on the phone and $57 minutes is a pretty good price for a week. I am not sure if arubafastphones.com offers blackberry service.
    Decided to take down my timer!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Shelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach, lighthouse,
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    I contacted http://arubadiscountcell.com/blackberry.html and inquired about a SIM for blackberries. They will sell a SIM for your unlocked Blackberry. The price is the same $50. I would personally get a sim for my phone vs using their rental. I would not want any of my information on their rental handheld.

    $50 for unlimited internet on the phone and $57 minutes is a pretty good price for a week. I am not sure if arubafastphones.com offers blackberry service.
    WOW!!! last year I paid $20 for my blackberry sim card at the airport!! This is expensive!

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Can I use SETAR Prepaid BlackBerry Internet Bundle with other device?

    Hello Friends,

    For the next 6 months, I'll be on the island and I want to keep in touch with my family and friends in Chile.

    About a few weeks ago, I bought a prepaid simcard to my nokia unloked device and it work very well.

    But now, I want to buy a Internet bundle and I saw in SETAR Website the Blackberry Internet for prepaid.

    My question is, someme of you have used this pack with another device such Nokia. I donīt undestand why this bundle is only for Blackberry.

    Thank you very much!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by msantaana View Post
    But now, I want to buy a Internet bundle and I saw in SETAR Website the Blackberry Internet for prepaid.

    My question is, someme of you have used this pack with another device such Nokia. I donīt undestand why this bundle is only for Blackberry.
    Perhaps this would be a question that Setar could answer much better than any of us.

    Welcome to the forum.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    WOW!!! last year I paid $20 for my blackberry sim card at the airport!! This is expensive!
    But did that give you internet also? Or just minutes to talk with??? I had bought a SIM for my BB 2 years ago, but it was just minutes...
    Decided to take down my timer!

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    i am posting this from logan7ms
    he/she is unable to post for reasons unknown.

    logan7ms
    Junior Member



    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: lazy river, rock formations, the water
    Posts: 3
    iphone & blackberry users from the U.S...
    Hi Andrea, I wanted to post this thread below to be helpful but I can can't post due to me not having 5 posts yet. Please advise or post if it is helpful:

    I spent most of the day researching the web and here on this forum for a affordable solutions to use my iphone in Aruba. I don't want to bring a laptop anymore because of the hassle (customs, weight, extra baggage) Here are a few solutions I have compiled to hopefully save you all some time:

    1. AT&T international data plan (Most expensive plan)

    Rates (http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/in...packages.jsp#9)
    International Roaming Data Calculator (http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/in...calculator.jsp)

    2. iPhoneTrip (http://www.iphonetrip.com/)

    This company is U.S based and offer rentals of iphones, ipads or just the sim cards for international travel. They offer unlimited internet voip phone calls for as little as $15 a day for just the sim card or $25 for the whole phone.

    3. Jailbreaking or Unlocking

    a. If you are tech savvy, this is also an option (legal for now) for iphone users. You can unlock your phone from the monopoly known as AT&T and rent a pre paid sim card while in Aruba. Software is available or torrent sites.

    4. Smart Rent A Car (http://www.smart-rent-a-car.com/english/cellphone.asp)

    This is an Aruban based company that offers rentals of a Blackberry. You can get unlimited internet for a week for $50.

    Weekly specials:
    1. US$45, per/week and receive
    91 FREE minutes

    2. US$40, per/week and receive
    68 FREE minutes

    3. US$35, per/week and receive
    57 FREE minutes

    I will ultimately choose option 4 since it's the cheapest for my needs. I just want internet access for the week and GPS so I don't get lost like I do every year.

  10. #20
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    i would chose option 4 too.
    i also hear good things about smart car rental.

    i am a fan of tropic car rental, but someday if tropic is unavailable i would give smart car rental a try.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO