Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Boa problems and open season

Ha! Good one Doug...

Didn't think this bothered me as I've never seen a snake while on vacation in Aruba. However, I had a dream last night that my daughter and I were on one of the beaches near the rougher waters and there were 3 or 4 snakes crawling on the large rocks. She turned around, picked two of them up and said "Mom, take a picture". Anyone care to analyze, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Didn't think this bothered me as I've never seen a snake while on vacation in Aruba. However, I had a dream last night that my daughter and I were on one of the beaches near the rougher waters and there were 3 or 4 snakes crawling on the large rocks. She turned around, picked two of them up and said "Mom, take a picture". Anyone care to analyze, haha.
    You need time in Aruba as badly as I do.

OMG; to top it off, when I got home from work yesterday, my daughter showed me her foot. It had what looked like scratch marks and bites. She proceeded to tell me how she was BITTEN BY A SNAKE. She had no idea of my dream.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming now. About those Boas in Aruba..........

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Saw my first boa last August at Arashi. Was setting up my beach chairs near one of those palapa type things when I saw a boa coiled up on the tabletop. I guess it wanted to enjoy the view while not being directly in the sun. Can you really blame him? The guy renting out chairs called what must have been the island version of animal control (who took forever to get there). He was a little guy probably only about 2-3 feet long... much larger and he probably wouldn't have made it from the brush, where I assume he lived, to the palapa without freaking someone out. I have a picture of it somewhere, assumed it was an unusual occurance. I had no idea it was such a big problem until I read this thread.

Aruba since 1979
    wow
    yuk

i think, and i may be wrong, the boa problem is a bigger problem for many island critters....especially the burrowing owl and trupial (sp) bird.
    those 2 birds are very tasty to boas.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Saw my first boa last August at Arashi. Was setting up my beach chairs near one of those palapa type things when I saw a boa coiled up on the tabletop. I guess it wanted to enjoy the view while not being directly in the sun. Can you really blame him? The guy renting out chairs called what must have been the island version of animal control (who took forever to get there). He was a little guy probably only about 2-3 feet long... much larger and he probably wouldn't have made it from the brush, where I assume he lived, to the palapa without freaking someone out. I have a picture of it somewhere, assumed it was an unusual occurance. I had no idea it was such a big problem until I read this thread.

Nice tip to do while on vacation. We would do it for $6.00 but $5.57 seems a bit low. We will stick to the cans on the side of the road.
    Thanks
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Nice tip to do while on vacation. We would do it for $6.00 but $5.57 seems a bit low. We will stick to the cans on the side of the road.
    Thanks
    Sean and Susan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345