Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Boat Capsized, Shark Attack off Aruba Coast

Boat Capsized, Shark Attack off Aruba Coast

I just read that a person was killed from a shark attack in Aruba after their boat sank. This was from a Dutch Website. The story translates as follows:

"In Aruba are three men died after their ship was sunk. Two persons on board were drowned. The third was attacked by a shark and died after he was saved."

Anyone have any additional information?

here is a link to the story:

http://nos.nl/artikel/2076530-schip-...renkeling.html

That is awful news.

From the link posted above:

Aruba with three Venezuelans deceased after their ship sank. Two passengers drowned. The third was attacked by a shark and died after he was rescued.Four others survived.
    Ship Doņa Matilda was left Thursday from Bonaire to Aruba. After the ship had not yet arrived Friday the Coast Guard began a search with a patrol plane, but nothing was found.
    A day later, the Coast Guard received a report of another ship had taken a drowning person on board. Three others had clung to the anchor chain of the ship. The fourth floated in a buoy at the rear of the ship.

The castaway which bobbed in the rear, was seriously injured because he was bitten by a shark. With a helicopter he was pulled from the water and taken to hospital, where he died. The three others are charged with exhaustion ashore.
    The seven Venezuelans made the crossing with a bar, a sailing ship with three masts. A large wave hit the stern of the barge and the boat sank immediately.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Shark Kills Venezuelan During Coast Guard Rescue Near Aruba

• By The Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Dec 21, 2015, 10:22 AM ET

One of seven Venezuelan men whose boat capsized near Aruba died after he was attacked by a shark while being rescued, the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard said Monday. Two other men perished when they sank with the vessel.
    Spokesman Roderick Gouverneur told The Associated Press that the shark attacked the man as he was clinging to a rescue buoy and a member of the Coast Guard suspended from a helicopter was trying to rescue him. He said the man died Saturday on the way to the hospital.
    Four other men who survived by holding on to a refrigerator and pallet were hospitalized in Aruba for dehydration.
    The men were traveling from Bonaire to Aruba to sell whiskey when their boat capsized after it was hit by a wave, Gouverneur said. Venezuelans often travel on boats laden with goods to sell throughout the Dutch Caribbean islands.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...aruba-35886388

Aruba since 1979

It was 30 miles off the Aruba Coast

Here is the report that I received.

A Venezuelan small cargo ship had an over full cargo of whiskey.They were traveling from Bonaire to Aruba when they were hit by a large wave that Sank the ship. They were over 30 miles north of Aruba.Of the crew of 7, two went down with the ship and one was injured as he was getting off the ship. The injured man was bleeding....and later attacked by sharks. He was rescued by helicopter, but died before making it to land.The other 4 crew were floating on pallets and the oil rig to the south of Aruba saw them, raised the alarm with Coast Guard and Beach Police and they were rescued.

Aruba since 1979
    So folks, please no need of panic.
    It was not a beach attack, it was 30 miles from Aruba.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    one of the many things I love about the water in Aruba is that its so clear, you would have been able to see one a mile out. I don't go in the ocean since the movie Jaws except in Aruba. Its the only place I'm not afraid.

I'm relieved the shark attack wasn't actually IN Aruba. I'd be worried, stumbling out of Yemanja after one too many Retoxes, that a great white might be lurking around the corner.

"Candy-Gram!!"

Aruba since 1979
    i go into the ocean in Aruba with no worries.
    EVERYWHERE else I am listening for that jaws music.

remember...it is not shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    one of the many things I love about the water in Aruba is that its so clear, you would have been able to see one a mile out. I don't go in the ocean since the movie Jaws except in Aruba. Its the only place I'm not afraid.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Diario published the names and photos of the three men who lost their lives. The Captain and one man were 58 years old. And one man was only 31 years old.

May they rest in peace.

Capitan di Doņa Matilda mordi mortalmente pa tribon

Publication: Monday, 21 December 2015. Categoria: General

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Riba e tres fotonan aki por mira di ariba bin abao Capitan Adrian Esteban Rafael di 58 aņa, cu a wordo mordi pa tribon y a fayece despues; Gabriel Jesus Carrasquero di 31 aņa cu tambe a muri den e tragedia riba lama y e di tres cu a fayece ta Endy’s Yovildo Lopez, tambe di 58 aņa di edad. E capitan tabata tin un of mas herida of rasca na curpa cu ta atrae tribon.

El a muri durante su rescate den helicopter. Ayera tabata tin informe “no confirma” cu dos persona mas a wordo recogi y hiba Colombia cu e barco cu a rescata nan.

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/capitan...nte-pa-tribon/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast