Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Boat Capsized, Shark Attack off Aruba Coast

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Pete Spear ‏@PeteFSpear Dec 22 @UckermanRoel @Sweet_oblivion1 @miklamx @MejiaoOmar did you witness the attack?

Roel Uckerman ‏@UckermanRoel Dec 22
    @PeteFSpear @Sweet_oblivion1 @miklamx @MejiaoOmar No our focus was at the men at the anchor chain. CG Helo pulled captain out of the water.

CK1
    Jason @ MarlinCS.com ‏@MarlinCS 7h7 hours ago @UckermanRoel quick question so there were no dolphins around the captain but they were around the crew? Bedanked (Thanks). Goed Gedaan! (Good job!)

Roel Uckerman ‏@UckermanRoel 7h7 hours ago
    @MarlinCS the captain got separated from his crew....

Aruba since 1979
    holy crow, you are good at finding stuff.

Great research - awesome info & pics! I barely have the time to check the forum lately! Totally impressed
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Great job getting this info. The dolphins were saving everyone but the captain, wow!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I love dolphins.

CK1
    Thanks, everyone. Just got lucky once again.

I found it as well fascinating that the dolphins were circling the crew members and protecting them from the sharks. Thanks Andrea for bringing it up.

To me, it seemed that the crew members were on one side of the large drill ship, holding on to the pallet, refrigerator and the large chain of the drill ship. That is where the dolphins were circling. But the captain got separated from them and was on the other side (back side) of the large drill ship where no dolphins were and just moments before he could get rescued by the Coast Guard's helicopter, he got bit by a shark.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    dolphins are known for that. if there are dolphins in the water, a shark and a human, the dolphins will circle the human. For some reason, the sharks don't mess with the dolphins. I was told that when I was a child about the dolphins, sharks & circling humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    That is awful news.
    So IO am not misunderstood, my clicking on like is that I like the fact that someone finds this awful news. I notice...if I am not way off base...that shark attacks seems to be on the increase all over.

Ed

If you are bleeding in the middle of the ocean you are in trouble....its not a shark attack when you are in the middle of the ocean, your sadly just lunch.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast