Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yup digicel is good too and i think the pricing might be a tiny bit lower.
    i have to find out about how long my number stays current.

we made the switch from setar to digicel.
    We have had the same number for about 3 years at least.

When you are in the store to buy more time ask about how to keep the same number. The ladies at the store near Wendy's on the way to town are very good.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    We have had the same number for about 3 years at least.

When you are in the store to buy more time ask about how to keep the same number. The ladies at the store near Wendy's on the way to town are very good.

Good to know as to where the Digicel store is located not in the downtown area. We were told that Digicel might be slightly cheaper than setar but wasn't sure where we would find a location. Apparently, as per Bully, Digicel will be opening up (eventually) in the airport. Prime location for the tourists.

Thank you Eagle Beach Boy. BTW, have you heard anything about the new Westjet flights from Toronto to Aruba? When we were in Aruba in March there was a big announcement on the front page of Aruba Today. They were going to start flights May through Oct. and see how that went before deciding to carry on into the winter. (Seems silly as the time to try out the flight is during the busy season??). When I enquired with Westjet they hadn't heard anything about it.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    To keep the same cell #, the phone must be used within 1 year of last using the phone.

I haven't hrard a word yet. But with Sunquest going under they might step up and take over their slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thank you Eagle Beach Boy. BTW, have you heard anything about the new Westjet flights from Toronto to Aruba? When we were in Aruba in March there was a big announcement on the front page of Aruba Today. They were going to start flights May through Oct. and see how that went before deciding to carry on into the winter. (Seems silly as the time to try out the flight is during the busy season??). When I enquired with Westjet they hadn't heard anything about it.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Hmmm, they told me 6 months. After we bought our phones I received a call from an American tourist asking for Delia. I told her this wasn't Delia's phone number and she got very nasty (hinted that I stole the phone, etc.). I was polite but firm. Five minutes later someone else (I heard the 1st one in the background) called and insisted I had Delia's phone. I told them where I bought the phone and suggested they call and confirm and told them Delia's number was changed from last year

So glad we got the phone. It sure helped calling back and forth over the stupid JET BLUE lost luggage...
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

where can we get the digicell phone?

Thanks
    lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    where can we get the digicell phone?

Thanks
    lisa
    There are a few stores on the Island. The one I use is at the traffic circle past the grocery stores, by Wendy's, on the way to town.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12