Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

Branding Aruba :-)

http://www.aruba.com/news/general-ne...obal-identity/

Branding Aruba: A look at the New Global Identity

General News October 1st, 2010
    No comments (RSS 2.0)

From Otmar E. Oduber, Aruba Minister of Tourism, Trade and Transportation
    As per November 2009, Aruba embarked on a new era of change at a time when the travel and tourism industry faced some of its most serious challenges. The transition to a new government took place alongside a rapidly changing international environment. The global economic crisis posing further stress on our tourism sector compelled us to remain vigilant and focused. As the new Minister of Tourism I set out a new vision “Two Steps Ahead” to lay the ground for a successful tourism industry and I outlined an ambitious path to achieve this. Part of my policy is to create the framework for sustainable development.
    As a relatively young Minister of Tourism, I encourage innovation and rejuvenation. I am committed to create the framework whereby as Aruba we can excel in the products and services that we deliver to our customers and visitors.
    Aruba’s government and the tourism sector are fully prepared to set bold goals for the future and to show leadership by promoting a new direction and to take action to build further on our success. More than anything else, I want to emphasize that everyone on this island can make difference. Our hospitality and friendship, our kind and caring service, our professional and knowledgeable approach, are all ingredients that have brought us to where we are today. We have delivered on our “brand” promise. Our visitors are looking for an exceptional experience and with the commitment of all of us living on this island, we can make it happen over and over again.
    It is time to take action — to take up new opportunities and forge a future that is the very best it can be. Let’s stay two steps ahead of our competition and ahead of our customers by anticipating and responding to their needs.
    To keep you up to date on developments in the tourism industry, I’m proud to introduce to you our first edition of the ‘Two Steps Ahead’ newsletter.
    Click HERE to read the eNewsletter in PDF format.
    Click HERE to read the interactive version online.
    Thank you for your contribution to our success.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Been seeing lots of new ad's on TV for Aruba...like them alot !

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Been seeing lots of new ad's on TV for Aruba...like them alot !
    I like them also.Much better than the others.

Aruba since 1979
    while in MA and southern ME last week, we saw tons of ads too.
    i did read somewhere that the Aruban government/parliament had allocated a huge sum of money for tourism and its new campaign.

Enjoy the ads

www.aruba.com/forum/f7/tax-increase-45022/#post174998

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    CHANGES IN ARUBA TOURISM AUTHORITY
    www.aruba.com/news/general-news/changes-in-aruba-tourism-authority/

"At the General Session of the Annual Tourism Conference Aruba, Otmar Oduber, Minister of Tourism, Transport and Labor, explained that the Aruba Tourism Authority will be privatized as of January 1, 2011. This will allow marketing experts greater autonomy and speed in the decision-making process and will also financially link ATA with AHATA (Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association).

He stated that, starting July 1st, the marketing budget of the government and AHATA will become one fund – the Aruba Tourism Marketing Fund. Beginning May 1st, Aruba’s room tax will be 7.5%. On July 1st, the 2% fee now charged by AHATA will be converted into room tax, for a total of 9.5%. This room tax will flow into the Aruba Tourism Marketing Fund and will be earmarked to guarantee continuity and stability in the marketing of the destination."

Arrow Anyone who is a fan of PBS

and watches Globe Trekker, will surely recognize Ian Wright...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFeiONzgJQ

Location Rogers Beach??

"Ian Wright and an Aruban Weather Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrFUtRk8Vk

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Little confused here lol. So beginning July the room tax is gonna be 9.5%? Now is this just the room tax increase or does it also include the energy fee we pay also? And what amount is this tax based on? They are hitting everyone with these increases. Im adding it all up, between the maint fees and than the fees to stay there its almost getting so expensive to keep them. I have seen cheaper deals on line to stay for a week than what I end up paying for the maint and energy fees.

Aruba since 1979
    i think they are talking about "hotel tax" 9.5%.

the timeshares already have a timeshare tax/surcharge. that timeshare tax was tinkered with during the summer or 2010.

For comparison to a 9.5% hotel tax

Googling real quick, here are the government room taxes for a couple of other Caribbean islands:
    "Antigua and Barbuda: 8.5%
    Bahamas: 12%
    Barbados: 7.5%
    Dominica: 5%
    Dominican Republic: 23%
    Grenada: 8%
    Haiti: 10%
    Jamaica: 15%
    St. Kitts and Nevis: 7%
    St. Lucia: 8%
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines: generally 7%
    Trinidad and Tobago: 10%"