Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

bread in the high rise area

We always bought a fresh baguette from Amicis right across from the holiday Inn. Last time we visited Amicis has left the are a (as far as I can tell). We will be back at the end of April (hooray!!!). Does anyone know where I can get fresh bread daily, last time I walked all the way over to the new supermarket and they did not have any. We love the gouda on fresh bread...its heaven

while I was out driving around the island I found a small bakery that had desserts and breads made freash daily. It was either out Palm Beach road(#3) or Bubali road heading towards Madame Jeanette's. You might try there.

Aruba since 1979
    if you have "wheels", visit LaDelicia bakery.
    it is abut a mile beyond Caribbean palm Village.

head up palm beach road and at the traffic light near st anne's church and Caribbean palm Village...make a left.

follow that road about a mile and LaDelicia is on the right. magnificent baked breads soft or crusty.

excellent croissants, turnovers and other goodies.

excellent pizza

get there early, they sell out.

they primarily supply restaurants

(large square)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumjays View Post
    We always bought a fresh baguette from Amicis right across from the holiday Inn. Last time we visited Amicis has left the are a (as far as I can tell). We will be back at the end of April (hooray!!!). Does anyone know where I can get fresh bread daily, last time I walked all the way over to the new supermarket and they did not have any. We love the gouda on fresh bread...its heaven

unfortunately we will not have wheels. The first time we visited we rented a car and since then we have never felt the need to get another, It is so easy and cheap to ride the bus. But I may have to try the new supermarket in the highrise area, Last year they didnt seem to have a good variety of goods. Hopefully they have improved.

Aruba since 1979
    the newer supermarket on palm beach road, near wacky wahoo has been closed now for about a month or more.

the newest supermarket "super foods" (opened in late fall 2012) is alive and apparently doing well.
    it is on lg smith boulevard, across from the Tropicana in the lo rise, eagle section

Quote Originally Posted by Sumjays View Post
    unfortunately we will not have wheels. The first time we visited we rented a car and since then we have never felt the need to get another, It is so easy and cheap to ride the bus. But I may have to try the new supermarket in the highrise area, Last year they didnt seem to have a good variety of goods. Hopefully they have improved.