Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Bringing Dog To Aruba for Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    i am frm Canada so not sure I can give an accurate answer as we generally fly direct to Canada. However, when we needed to fly through the US we had no issues on our return. On occasion the airline e checkin folks asked to see the Vet paperwork for Rabies, Parvo virus etc. Other than that, no issue
    Great, thanks for all of the information again. Our dog is already on topical tick treatment, as previously mentioned, we are in the Northeast USA, and ticks are horrible this year! She will be on the medicine from now until Aruba and continue while on the island. I believe I've read they spray for a lot of bugs around the hotel area, so lets hope for the best! Hopefully no local pups try to rough her up on the beach during our stay!

Just to clarify - I didn't mean to make is sound as if Lyme Disease could be an issue for humans or dogs - just stating that I'm insane
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Just to clarify - I didn't mean to make is sound as if Lyme Disease could be an issue for humans or dogs - just stating that I'm insane

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I would be too!!

Aruba since 1979
    this is none of my business and i apologize.
    but i am curious
    why do you want to bring your dog with you?

my husband and i have 2 cats and a very spoiled cockapoo.
    very very spoiled. (my husband moreso than me)

when we travel (by car) we do take her with us (usually to new england)

but when we go to aruba, or on a cruise, she goes to a friend who i believe loves her more than i do.

i do the happy dance on the way home from bringing her to "doggy care at barb's"
    my husband is devastated that his little girl is going to be away from us for a few weeks and he misses her terribly.
    but, he has never asked or mentioned bringing her to Aruba.
    i think she would not do well on a plane.
    i think that my husband would break the rules, remove her from the crate and have her on his lap in the plane.
    she is his "princess" (i am the hired help)

when you will be at the beach or on an outing, will you be able to leave your 4 legged baby in the hotel room?

Quote Originally Posted by crdavies View Post
    Hi there,
    Saw a previous thread about getting a dog to Aruba from someone moving there, but I'm interested if anyone has traveled their with their dog for vacation. I'll be leaving in 142 days and am bringing my pit mix with me.

Airline is all set, hotel is also dog friendly.

My biggest concern is getting through customs. I have been told by a few people they've never even been asked for a health certificate when getting through the airport. Has anyone ever had a problem entering or exiting Aruba and coming back to the states? I know what the requirements are, just want to make sure all of my ducks are in a row and hear of any experiences!

Also, any idea if their are laws against "pits"? I follow a lot of the rescues and have visited the animal shelter there in Aruba, seems like there are a lot of pit mixes on the island so I'm hoping that won't be an issue

Thanks!

All of these Lyme stories are terrible I'm sorry to hear them!!

Andrea,
    I'm not sure if you remember me in previous threads regarding condos etc, but we hope to winter down there in the near future. This lead me to looking into how hard it is to get a dog into the country because I couldn't imagine leaving my dog for months on end, it would actually be a deal breaker in purchasing property because it would make myself, fiancÚ and dog too upset! Now although this perticular pup won't be around forever, we foresee ourselves owning a dog always so it would always be an obstacle. After meeting some folks on the island who've brought their dogs from the states and hearing other stories I've realized it really isn't that difficult after all. After finding this out we decided to stay longer then we expected during our wedding and bring our dog with us. She is actually going to be in the wedding party! I do expect her to be alone at times in the room of course, but we are fortunate enough to have our parents and many other close friends all on different schedules the week of our wedding offering to take her if we go out for several hours on end. We also just tested out a camera I purchased off of amazon that you can talk through your phone, and see what is going on at all times. That way we can check in on her and make sure she's not nervously pacing around the room etc. Again she is a very well tempered animal, I would never selfishly put her on a plane or in a hotel room without thinking she'd be happy in doing so. We are bringing her on a driving vacation this Memorial Day weekend in which she will spend some alone time in ge hotel room! She's gone with us before in hotels and always done great! At the end of the day I think she'll be happy to wake up next to mom and dad and walk the beach path down palm beach every morning!

Aruba since 1979
    i do remember (now that you mention it!)

now that you remined me, i totally understand your reasons.

i love the fact that she will be in your wedding party.

we will of course need pictures...bride groom and attendants (2 and 4 footed)

thank you for being polite and not annoyed that i asked.
    so many of us have our fur babies and i bet there are other folks out there that would bring their dog if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by crdavies View Post
    All of these Lyme stories are terrible I'm sorry to hear them!!

Andrea,
    I'm not sure if you remember me in previous threads regarding condos etc, but we hope to winter down there in the near future. This lead me to looking into how hard it is to get a dog into the country because I couldn't imagine leaving my dog for months on end, it would actually be a deal breaker in purchasing property because it would make myself, fiancÚ and dog too upset! Now although this perticular pup won't be around forever, we foresee ourselves owning a dog always so it would always be an obstacle. After meeting some folks on the island who've brought their dogs from the states and hearing other stories I've realized it really isn't that difficult after all. After finding this out we decided to stay longer then we expected during our wedding and bring our dog with us. She is actually going to be in the wedding party! I do expect her to be alone at times in the room of course, but we are fortunate enough to have our parents and many other close friends all on different schedules the week of our wedding offering to take her if we go out for several hours on end. We also just tested out a camera I purchased off of amazon that you can talk through your phone, and see what is going on at all times. That way we can check in on her and make sure she's not nervously pacing around the room etc. Again she is a very well tempered animal, I would never selfishly put her on a plane or in a hotel room without thinking she'd be happy in doing so. We are bringing her on a driving vacation this Memorial Day weekend in which she will spend some alone time in ge hotel room! She's gone with us before in hotels and always done great! At the end of the day I think she'll be happy to wake up next to mom and dad and walk the beach path down palm beach every morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i do remember (now that you mention it!)

now that you remined me, i totally understand your reasons.

i love the fact that she will be in your wedding party.

we will of course need pictures...bride groom and attendants (2 and 4 footed)

thank you for being polite and not annoyed that i asked.
    so many of us have our fur babies and i bet there are other folks out there that would bring their dog if they could.

You're so welcome!

Would be happy to post some photos once the time comes

I was curious about the rules and found this on the Hyatt site. Looks like the dog must be crated if unattended but sounds like you have that covered by friends and family.

https://aruba.regency.hyatt.com/en/h...?stop_mobi=yes

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I was curious about the rules and found this on the Hyatt site. Looks like the dog must be crated if unattended but sounds like you have that covered by friends and family.

https://aruba.regency.hyatt.com/en/h...?stop_mobi=yes
    Yes Tracey, thank you. We have also been in touch with our contacts at the Hyatt regarding the rules to insure we have no issues!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast