Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Bringing Dog To Aruba for Vacation

Hi, has anyone in the last few months traveled with a pet there? I wanted to hear how the new rules are being applied.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    this is none of my business and i apologize.
    but i am curious
    why do you want to bring your dog with you?

my husband and i have 2 cats and a very spoiled cockapoo.
    very very spoiled. (my husband moreso than me)

when we travel (by car) we do take her with us (usually to new england)

but when we go to aruba, or on a cruise, she goes to a friend who i believe loves her more than i do.

i do the happy dance on the way home from bringing her to "doggy care at barb's"
    my husband is devastated that his little girl is going to be away from us for a few weeks and he misses her terribly.
    but, he has never asked or mentioned bringing her to Aruba.
    i think she would not do well on a plane.
    i think that my husband would break the rules, remove her from the crate and have her on his lap in the plane.
    she is his "princess" (i am the hired help)

when you will be at the beach or on an outing, will you be able to leave your 4 legged baby in the hotel room?
    We are almost in the same situation, we pay someone to come over to the house twice a day. But hell, we wont even bring the kids with us.

Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hi, has anyone in the last few months traveled with a pet there? I wanted to hear how the new rules are being applied.
    Read back through this thread, there is a lot of useful information!

I came across this site today. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but they offer doggie daycare for those days you want to get out and explore. I know nothing about this comoany, have never used then, have no first hand knowledge other than seeing an advertisement for them. http://doghotelaruba.com/dog-hotel-aruba/

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I came across this site today. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but they offer doggie daycare for those days you want to get out and explore. I know nothing about this comoany, have never used then, have no first hand knowledge other than seeing an advertisement for them. http://doghotelaruba.com/dog-hotel-aruba/
    Thank you!!!

I was hoping I could have some input from those who have traveled with their dogs already. We are traveling for 12 days. I was told by the Vet in Aruba we should get additional paperwork just to be safe upon returning to the US because we will be making our initial vet visit, the week before we leave, meaning my '14 day certificate' will technically no longer be valid upon departing. Have you heard of the following, and what has your experience been with returning back to the states, do you usually stay for just a week or longer?

Email from Aruban Vet:
    "Let your VET make you an additional health certificate APHIS 7001. That is an international health certificate used for travel with dogs and cats and that one is valid for 30 days. You can use that form to get back into the USA. No need to have that form endorsed because 1. USDA USDA will not endorsed that one, since that certificate is not valid for entering Aruba and 2.you will only use that form to get back to the USA and not into Aruba."

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dog has been "pre-approved" by Aruba Vet Service for entry to Aruba this weekend...thanks everyone for your help, wish us luck!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    It would be nice to post picture upon your return of your dog in the wedding party.

Congratulations and best of luck in your upcoming marriage, may it last forever.
    Last edited by LeaveTheKidsWithMom; 09-27-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Best of luck!

We are jealous the pup travels first class! Stays at the Hyatt and is attending the wedding in the wedding party. Sounds like a pretty good life. We would love to hear what restaurants your pup likes and any special private puppy tour advice .
    Sean and Susan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast