Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Bringing Dog To Aruba for Vacation

Hello,
    I will be bringing my dog to Aruba next week and have obtained all the required USDA and Aruba documents. My question to anyone who has done this before is: Do you require any paperwork to be completed in order to return to the US? I will be in Aruba for 17 days.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    yup

i would recommend contacting forum member SUGAR by private messenger.
    she is the lead volunteer for ARF. the animal relief and adoption group in aruba.
    she is very knowledgeable in the process for bringing a dog into the usa.
    i do know that you will need a current health certificate from an aruban vet as well as a vaccination certificate.
    probably a very similar process as bringing the dog into aruba.

please do follow thru with SUGAR

also messenger CRDAVIES , the original poster on this thread to ask her how she did it with her dog.

Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hello,
    I will be bringing my dog to Aruba next week and have obtained all the required USDA and Aruba documents. My question to anyone who has done this before is: Do you require any paperwork to be completed in order to return to the US? I will be in Aruba for 17 days.

Thanks
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-30-2017 at 07:29 PM.

I was unable to contact them because their mailboxes are full. Anyone else that can provide information on US Customs return?
    • sugar has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Aruba since 1979
    I will send her an email and ask her to reply here.

Thanks so much!

Bringing Dog from Aruba to the US

Hi,

We need a health certificate from a local vet no more than 10 days old. The dogs need a microchip, rabies certificate, deworming info, parasite prevention, such as nexgard and no skin issues.

Our dogs and cats start their journey in Aruba and do not come back. These are the requirements for us to clear US Customs.

For any dogs over 20 pounds with carrier, only AA will transport them. There are restrictions on aircraft and temperatures, which can be found on the AA website. All airlines, except Southwest and Spirit take the smaller animals.

Please contact me, if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

Kathy

Why would you bring your pet? Just Asking. I love my pet but would never bring him on a international vacation. Just Saying

Quote Originally Posted by nox4li View Post
    Why would you bring your pet? Just Asking. I love my pet but would never bring him on a international vacation. Just Saying
    My dog is my child, simple answer

Hi everyone, just noticing all of the action on here. I will make sure to check the forum more often, it looks like most things were answered on here already! I wanted to go back to the rescue groups approaching someone about transporting a pet. Sgt Peppers Friends & ARF are a couple legitimate groups on the island. They are always in desperate need of transports. I had Sgt Peppers Friends at my rehearsal for my wedding with shirts, merchandise, and even puppies! My guests loved it, and the group received some donations since then. I am hoping to return in March to volunteer with them as it seems they are getting a new load of puppies on a near daily basis. As many of us know, Aruba has a "kill cage" where people can dump their unwanted animals to be "euthanized" (euthanized is putting what they do nicely) by a government employee. It has been said 20+ animals a day can be dumped here, so you can imagine how overwhelming these rescues and the animal shelter are. Everytime I am on the island I stop by the local animal shelter and drop off supplies. For any animal lovers out there who are going to Aruba soon, please consider transporting a pet back home with you or even a quick stop to the animal shelter with some supplies they are in need of. The shelter is close to the airport and your heart will feel good after doing so!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456