Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Bucuti Zoom Camera

The Bucuti website has the Bucuti Beach Cam that "zooms in to the area indicated by the sign between 9:00 and 9:15 am every day." Does it just take the pictures randomly during that 15 minutes or is there some sort of signal to let you know when it will be taken? I think it'd be fun to do, but I don't want to just stand around for 15 minutes not knowing when it is taking the pictures...I can't look cute for a whole 15 minutes!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.bucuticam.com/bucutizoom.html
    today's ZOOM
    5/26/11
    there were 3 ZOOMS taken between 9:02 and 9:11 am.
    there is no signal to let you know to be smiling.

i think you are definitely going to have to stand there and look gorgeous for at least 12 minutes. SMILE ;-)

in all of our trips, i have never done the BUCUTI cam.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    I look at the cam every day at work and the people never seem ready when the camera snaps lol! I think it's pretty cool that they have that for people. Makes me wish I was there even more!

Is the Bucuti in walking distance from the Tam? I'd love to try and get on the zoom at least one of the days I'm there.

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    it is about a 10 minute or less walk.

or

grab the shuttle from the tam to the alhambra. get off at alhambra, walk the street out back towards the bucuti. on that street there are 4 resorts....Aruba Beach Club, Casa Del Mar, Manchebo and Bucuti.

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    Is the Bucuti in walking distance from the Tam? I'd love to try and get on the zoom at least one of the days I'm there.