Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bug bites

Bug bites

I just got back the other day and found out that our friends that came down to surprise DW on her birthday, they both got bit by something, maybe a spider, one on the elbow and the other on the thigh. The bites appeared after they got home last Tuesday and have been to the ER and the Dr. Has anyone else been bit while on the island ?? Just nasty looking bites, very sore and red.

Aruba since 1979
    eeew that is too bad.

my son had a bad reaction to a bite that he got from a bug (?) during christmas week 2007.
    it was on the top of his foot.
    he got first aid treatment by abraham at at lacabana.
    our guess was a bad mosquito bite or spider bite.

i hope they recover quickly,
    Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post
    I just got back the other day and found out that our friends that came down to surprise DW on her birthday, they both got bit by something, maybe a spider, one on the elbow and the other on the thigh. The bites appeared after they got home last Tuesday and have been to the ER and the Dr. Has anyone else been bit while on the island ?? Just nasty looking bites, very sore and red.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I got lucky not being bite by anything. But a guest who was staying at the same place had a nasty looking, very itching bite on his leg. They suspected it could have been from sand fleas.

No-see-ums were the culprit on our first trip down to the island - The Spouse and our friend's husband were hit hard. Nasty. Since then, the entire crew DEETS up at night and Benadryl spray seems to do the trick for the day after.

I've been lucky and not been bit since going to Aruba. Probably because I'm dead inside.

Don't rule out bedbugs, they're a problem, usa, aruba, etc...

Never been bitten on Aruba

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    No-see-ums were the culprit on our first trip down to the island - The Spouse and our friend's husband were hit hard. Nasty. Since then, the entire crew DEETS up at night and Benadryl spray seems to do the trick for the day after.

I've been lucky and not been bit since going to Aruba. Probably because I'm dead inside.
    okay that's just plain funny lol

I've only been bitten by mosquitoes probably once per trip and a biting fly at Renn island a few years ago.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    I don't think that we have ever heard a complaint about bedbugs on this forum.

This year we have had an incredible increase in the number of ticks. While the female is large and easy to identify, the smaller male is much more difficult to identify given that it is a very small pest. The female seeks blood much like the female mosquito. If unsure about a bite I suggest getting it checked as tick bites can be serious. My dog has picked up ticks in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    The female seeks blood much like the female __________(fill in the blank)
    Thanks, John, for clarifying that .....

Kidding aside, a most informative post, thanks!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast