Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bug bites

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    No-see-ums were the culprit on our first trip down to the island - The Spouse and our friend's husband were hit hard. Nasty. Since then, the entire crew DEETS up at night and Benadryl spray seems to do the trick for the day after.

I've been lucky and not been bit since going to Aruba. Probably because I'm dead inside.

You are hysterical!

I just noticed a bite on top of my foot last night as I got into bed. First bite of any kind and not really sure it came from the island.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    tick bites on dogs in aruba pose anemia threat.
    here in parts (is it all?) of the usa, ticks transmit lyme disease.
    in aruba the huge concern is anemia.

Only the Deer Tick (black-legged tick) carries Lyme Disease.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    tick bites on dogs in aruba pose anemia threat.
    here in parts (is it all?) of the usa, ticks transmit lyme disease.
    in aruba the huge concern is anemia.
    Yes Andrea It is a big issue here. We have had to have the properties sprayed twice this year for them. Never seen them like this previously. I have learned more about ticks than I ever wanted to know. The pest control company told me that they are on the leaves of certain plants and when a dog, cat or person is very close to that plant and the tick detects blood, they release from the leaf and fall onto the source. So much for gardening!!!

I have been bitten at night not the balcony of our TS. Now we just take bug spray !!!! I have also gotten nailed by ocean lice...I think that is what they are called...was swimming beside catamaran while out on a snorkel trip and all of a sudden I felt like a got hit with a jolt of electricity....looked around for a man-o-war or jellyfish but didn't see anything (of course I know they tails are long and could have been farther out), when I got on the boat that is what the guys told me. They did not have vinegar or rubbing alcohol so they tried vodka...nothing helped, burned for about 4-5 days constantly. No blisters just really reddened painful skin.....unfortunately there is nothing to protect against that !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12