Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Building and Signs

Building and Signs

Building-

We had our annual owners meeting today and I have some good news about the Sands building project that may or may not happen next to us-between Oceania and Screaming Eagle.

In 2006 a project for condos with the same density and height restrictions was approved for the lot, but nothing happened. The developers changed their minds and the outgoing government approved an all inclusive hotel resort with 200 timeshares and 600 rooms to be built on the lot between us and Screaming Eagle along with the lot behind us-the old water park. Our condo association took various legal actions and the overbuilt project is now dead-at least with the current government. They can only build what was approved in 2006.

I did notice that they have started some active foundation work on the O Condominiums down the street from us-between the two roads that lead to the to the hospital. I have seen workers there the past few times I've gone that way. They are really working on the Embassy Suites project too.

Signs-During the month of February, they started putting up large yellow directional signs for the round-a-bout near us. The sign is funny-there are arrows showing what is in each direction-hospital, Oranjestad, Noord, etc. What is funny is the arrow pointing north-up rt. 4 just says"Other Direction". They have put up signs along Irausquin directing people to the hospital, but there is red tape-an X or a slash over the word hospital-very confusing for someone who does not know the area. Yesterday they erected a sign next to Oceania approaching Irausquin showing the direction to Noord and Palm Beach. I do not know if this is in preparation for the Watty Vos project or if they are just getting smarter.

Wow. Very interesting. Any information of the Irausquin project?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    robin can you post some photos of the signage?

They did not talk about the road projects, but Stu received this email this afternoon. It is about Sasaki aka LG Smith Blvd.

Dear Owners
    Please be informed starting tomorrow March 1st. the main road from the roundabout to Oceania to Superfood will be closed for 3 months, the Government will start with the construction of the roundabout in Superfood as a part of the Watty Vos Corridor.
    Attach you will find a picture with the alternatives roads. Please inform your renters.

The picture is too big to upload-it won't allow me to do it.

I'll take some pictures of the signs the yellow signs.

I'm not thrilled with this closure. It'll force most everyone down our parking lot street and in front of the condo. Crossing the street to the beach will not be easy nor will be getting out of the parking lot.

the picBuilding and Signs-sasaki.jpg
    Last edited by Jacki; 02-28-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ