Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Buying points for travel

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I will be honest, I know nothing about the benefits of the airline CC- The only airline we fly as a family is Jet Blue, it keeps my twerp busy....Do they give alot of points for signing up? How many points are needed to fly to Aruba?
    Most sites have a "book with points" option, so you can check out the cost of flights in points.

I have found the Southwest point program to be the best. American Airlines flights in points are pricey with Jet Blue in between the two.

Current for points for signing up for a card can be easily found on the internet.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I will be honest, I know nothing about the benefits of the airline CC- The only airline we fly as a family is Jet Blue, it keeps my twerp busy....Do they give alot of points for signing up? How many points are needed to fly to Aruba?
    This link shows the comparisons between the airline credit cards and the benefits for each one:

http://thepointsguy.com/credit-cards/airline/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Rob and Amy. I have been playing around with the points over next Xmas and I may have found the best use of my points. I can get a spot at the Marriott for 45k points per night...thats not bad as I will have 100k next month and can buy 50k points reasonably. I just need to use my CC for everything and I may be able to use points for 6 nights over NYE next year...oh the fun planning potentially free trips, lol.

I need to call the Marriott later today and see if I can book using points and IF I don't have enough to cover the entire trip, pay cash for the rest of the nights...it would actually make my NYE trip reasonable despite the high airfares.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Are you talking Stellaris? Renaissance?
    The Ren Marina tower is $900 per night that week.... Yikes!
    wishing you good luck....
    Yes you can pay the difference in cash
    Higly unlikely they'll let you use points BUT worth the try.
    Hats off to your persistsance😀keep us posted Jay
    [QUOTE=Aruba4ever

I need to call the Marriott later today and see if I can book using points and IF I don't have enough to cover the entire trip, pay cash for the rest of the nights...it would actually make my NYE trip reasonable despite the high airfares.[/QUOTE]

I need to call the Marriott later today and see if I can book using points and IF I don't have enough to cover the entire trip, pay cash for the rest of the nights...it would actually make my NYE trip reasonable despite the high airfares.
    Marriott site also has book with points option.

WOWOWOW is all I can say. I just booked my trip for Xmas using points at the Marriott Stellaris. Like I said, I am totally new to points...so here is the deal I booked. I booked an oceanfront corner premium view room with points plus $733 TOTAL! We calculated that I would have plenty of points based on my coming trips. Being a Ritz Card holder combined with being a Ritz Gold Rewards card owner is earning me $15 for every $1 I spend at the Ritz. My trip in 2 weeks is netting me almost 100k points plus what I spend on site which will put it well over 120k for the trip.

I am in total shock that it took me this long to figure out how to travel with benefits....I thank all of you for your help and assistance! I can't believe my trip is only going to cost $733 plus air fair-

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Outstanding Jay, outstanding! Problem solved🎉
    we got ya working those numbers.
    Maybe we'll run into you....
    week 53 Ren, 1&2 at Surf

I would certainly like to buy you a drink, or two, for helping motivate me into the whole points thing. I am now not only addicted to the Ritz, but free vacations as well, especially over NYE when its really getting out of my comfort zone for price.

I am in total shock that it took me this long to figure out how to travel with benefits....I thank all of you for your help and assistance! I can't believe my trip is only going to cost $733 plus air fair-
    Looks like you picked up a few good "points" from this site.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

So I guess, my future plan for all future NYE's is to save enough points up each year to vacation for "free" at either the Marriott or the Ritz (unlikely with their point system at Xmas) You have awoken a travel points monster

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast