Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jtwcarboy

Thread: Calling an Aruba Cell phone

Calling an Aruba Cell phone

I will have my US Verizon phone with me in aruba and want to know how to dial an Aruba cell phone from my cell phone while i am in aruba?

I know i dont have to dial country code since im already there but will i just dial the 7 digit aruba number and thats it or what ?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    will u have a setar or digicel SIM card in that us verizon phone?

No I have my verizon sim card, if you look on verizons website they say it will work in aruba and also i called them to confirm it would work. see the link below:

http://businessportals.verizonwirele...ean/Aruba.html

Also my phone is blackberry global edition (GSM and CDMA)

Aruba since 1979
    so you will have roaming fees :-(

if you are not in a free wifi area and your data plan is accepting emails and texts, then my understanding that roaming fees will be applied.

your verizon phone is a USA based phone.
    i may be wrong, but using it in aruba, you would have to also dial the country code and area code 011 297.

can anyone verify?

i have a us verizon iphone 4.
    before we got on the plane i put it in AIRPLANE MODE and kept it there for the duration of the trip.

Thanks Andrea,
    FYI , Its my work phone so guess who pays the bill !!
    My work is putting me on the international data and voice plan before i leave but from reading some other blogs it sounds like it should work and ill just dial the local 7 digit number. Ill wait and see what everyone else says . Thanks again

Aruba since 1979
    good!

i am truly a cell phone idiot.
    i went into verizon here in my town and they told me about the roaming etc...

i have an aruba cell phone. it is a little nokia with digicel service that takes and makes calls. nothing else.

please let us know how the international data and voice plan worked once you return.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Thanks Andrea,
    FYI , Its my work phone so guess who pays the bill !!
    My work is putting me on the international data and voice plan before i leave but from reading some other blogs it sounds like it should work and ill just dial the local 7 digit number. Ill wait and see what everyone else says . Thanks again

I am in Canada and use Rogers as my cell phone provider. They told me it would work in Aruba. But in all the years I tried It did not connect to Digicel which it supposed to. I have tried changing the Frequencies but still nothing.
    I now have an old phone I use strickly for Aruba.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

So i guess i can take any old phone that takes a sim card and use that in aruba when i go(if my blackberry doesnt work ) right ?

Just an update, i had my blackberry in aruba and i was able to dial US numbers as if i was in the states and then aruba numbers i just dialed the 7 digits only and it worked. At one time my blackberry said digicel and wouldnt work but i switched the network over to 1xev and it worked just like normal again.