Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Cameras, associated equipment and favorite locations

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Having a great camera does not make a person a great photographer.

My biggest photo pet peeve:

I see so many photos of people standing indoors in front of a bright window. As a result, everything in the room including the person are in the dark and the window is the lightest thing in the photo.

We had a cheap kodak underwater video camera that worked out well for our first couple trips. After snorkeling with Aruba Bob snorkeling we decided to get a reasonably priced, but still good underwater camera that was comparable to what they used but not quite the same. We went with the Nikon COOLPIX AW130 16MP CMOS 5x Zoom Waterproof Wi-Fi Camera. It did the job, and was great for travelling. Unfortunately we were so excited to start snorkeling, we both forgot to check to the seal on the battery compartment so we lost it this trip. I found that our phones take pretty good quality pictures and make it easy to share and edit.

I love beach pics, wave crashing pics, and iguanas.

I use a Nikon D7000 with a telephoto lens.

I'm on my third Nikon, it being a 7100 with a 35-70 lens, and other lens. I usually get up early and walk with my camera, you'll never know what you'll see. Well it goes every where with me..lol. Cameras, associated equipment and favorite locations-preview.jpgTaken this year with my 7100. Our Xmas pic for this year.
    Last edited by hvy747; 12-22-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We went with the Nikon COOLPIX AW130 16MP CMOS 5x Zoom Waterproof Wi-Fi Camera.
    I wound up with the Nikon Coolpix AW130 16MP in blue I think we spoke about it last Xmas. My fav part is the Wi-Fi, this way I can load the pics to my iPhone & edit & share from there.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12