Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can someone help me with Digicel?

I tried emailing Digicel months ago with no response. I want to make arrangements and get information on buying a cell phone. I wanted to find out cost of a basic phone and other pertinent information.

Does anyone have a name/email address of someone who will respond? I am through renting a phone for numerous reasons!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    my experience is that digicel and setar never answer emails.

paul and i got a digicel phone back in january.
    the price of the phone was $56.
    that included 1 hr of talk time.
    we also added another $20 (approximate) of talk time which was about 2 hrs.
    we were issued a phone number which they say is ours to keep providing the phone is used again within a yr.

my suggestion is : when you arrive in aruba, stop at the setar booth at the airport and buy a phone. their pricing is similar to digicel.
    OR
    go to the digicel store, near the harley store on the main drag before you get to the certified grocery store.
    again, total cost will be about $75 including the extra talk time.

all incoming calls are free for you (no airtime)
    (not necessarily free for those that are calling you)

also too, on the search menu on the left side of this screen hit SEARCH.
    enter Purchasing/buying cell phone and see what comes up.

We rented a phone at the internet cafe near the highrise hotels and have had great success. It has been very helpful to have.
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, we didn't have any problems with Setar and purchasing their phone. Price about the same as Digicell. Daughter is taking it on her cruise to the Carribean next week .

We bought an international phone on the web for my son when he studied abroad in Switzerland and we use it in Aruba every year. You can use any phone that has a sim card and you can buy a sim card in many places on the island including the Setar booth as you leave the airport. If you have the time before you go to Aruba, look for a good deal on the web and have almost definitely cheaper than buying on the island and you have the phone for your use every year. Then you buy sim card for the minutes you need when you are on the island. The even sell sim cards in the gift shop at many of the hotels.

The reason we wanted Digicel was according to our friends in Aruba they are cheaper per minute.

If I buy a phone with a SIM card component how do I get the telephone number in Aruba?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    They give you the number when you buy the package. Its very similiar to getting a phone # at home,,,you wait, and wait and wait while they set up the activation....the paperwork, etc...

Under my chickie at the aruba beach club along with my husband and my favorite drink
    I purchased my cell phone in Aruba at the Digicel shop next to the Brickel Bay in the high rise area a couple of years ago. It was in the morning hours and I was in and out in about 15 minutes. the cost was around 75.00 which included an hour airtime and of course the charger for the phone. I have my own number and am able to buy a primo card and refill with more minutes as needed. I will tell you that it you do not use the phone after one year you have the possibility of loosing that number. You will then have to pay an additonal $49.00 to get another number (sim card).

That is what happened to me this last trip. I like the idea of having my own phone and number.

We have verizon here at home, so I was able to call my husbands cell phone at home from my phone in Aruba and there were no extra charges.
    Last edited by Captmorgnsgrl; 07-21-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Digicel phones

I was told that Digicel has a kiosk at the airport. I know that Fastphones no longer operates there and from my last experience, I am sorry to say, I don't want to deal with them anyway.

I am looking at buying a phone and for various reasons was recommended Digicel. Does anyone know anything about the Digicel airport location? Is it rental and purchase? Does anyone have any contact information?

I sent an email to Digicel months ago with no response. I just sent them another one so hopefully I will get an answer.

No airport location.
    http://www.digicelaruba.com/en/retailers/index.php

www.aruba.com/forum/f7/can-someone-help-me-digicel-46791/#post180407

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my experience is that digicel and setar never answer emails.

paul and i got a digicel phone back in january.
    the price of the phone was $56.
    that included 1 hr of talk time.
    we also added another $20 (approximate) of talk time which was about 2 hrs.
    we were issued a phone number which they say is ours to keep providing the phone is used again within a yr.

my suggestion is : when you arrive in aruba, stop at the setar booth at the airport and buy a phone. their pricing is similar to digicel.
    OR
    go to the digicel store, near the harley store on the main drag before you get to the certified grocery store.
    again, total cost will be about $75 including the extra talk time.

all incoming calls are free for you (no airtime)
    (not necessarily free for those that are calling you)

also too, on the search menu on the left side of this screen hit SEARCH.
    enter Purchasing/buying cell phone and see what comes up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast