Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By MrsLancaster2B
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 4 Post By Jen Doe
  • 1 Post By MrsLancaster2B
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Can we help?

Can we help?

Andrea you may be able to answer this. Last night we went to boca catalina, I spend every day on this beach, and I actually cried when I saw how its changed. I was wondering if there is anyway we can offer to help the locals with beach clear ups. We spent two hours last night picking up sponges and any urchins that will still alive and taking them to calmer water in hopes some may survive. Id really like to offer the locals my help with clearing the beaches of sea weed and debris but I'm not sure who I contact. Xx

Aruba since 1979
    I would just approach any beach workers that you see and offer your serviceS

your time and generosity will be very much appreciated

anyone other suggestions??

Aruba since 1979
    i was able to find a more definitive answer to your question:

contact the Dept of Public Works or stop by Nos Clubhuis (upstairs above Hadicuari restaurant) and see what they suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    Andrea you may be able to answer this. Last night we went to boca catalina, I spend every day on this beach, and I actually cried when I saw how its changed. I was wondering if there is anyway we can offer to help the locals with beach clear ups. We spent two hours last night picking up sponges and any urchins that will still alive and taking them to calmer water in hopes some may survive. Id really like to offer the locals my help with clearing the beaches of sea weed and debris but I'm not sure who I contact. Xx

the beaches are a mess, a friend sent me a few from Arashi, Divi and Boca Catalina....thank God there was not much more damage.
    Will see what the beaches look like in November when we get there and offer our help as well, we need to keep our island as pristine as possible !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Saw this post on the Black Pearl & Blue Melody Facebook page today:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...31055673630291
    "This is what we r doing today on Aruba

In the efforts to save the sea life people gathering around the beach side pass the high rises. Picking up sea stars snails and we r all transporting them to the other side of the island. Aruba director of nature said they r not going to do anything. So the people of Aruba r doing what they can and so Albert and I along with others have volunteered to move the live sea life. Thank you everyone for helping. If u r on the island come and help we need to save the sea world here"

Blessings to all the kind-hearted people doing what they can to save the stranded sea life!

We also went yesterday to help collect the starfish bless them. The poor beaches are a mess after yesterday's waves. Malmok was pretty much underwater. I'll go out as soon as sun rises and see how things are today.

Aruba since 1979
    aruba is most fortunate indeed to have such wonderful residents, but also such wonderful tourists.

It's because Aruba is so wonderful to her guests and they all appreciate it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ