Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Carry Your Cup

Carry Your Cup

Jolly Pirates has a new initiative they are talking about in social media and its great for the environment. They are encouraging guests to carry their cup, meaning bring their own reusable cup or try one of theirs. The idea is to stop using the disposable plastic cups that can harm the environment and the sea creatures when they blow overboard. I think this is great and hope that other bars and boats go along with this idea.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

LOVE this idea! I really hope it catches on. We've tried to reuse our plastic cups at a few bars but have been told they can't. Even last Sunday on the boardwalk someone tried to reuse her soda cup and the guy told her he couldn't. She asked why & he said he didn't know. I chimed in saying I'm sure it's again health code.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

It's a great idea. I know the Bucuti gives their guests metal water bottles.

It is a great idea. It's hard to hold onto those plastic cups with the winds in Aruba. I'm looking forward to getting a Jolly Pirate cup in October! I think I might bring my own pretty plastic cup for the Divi also...let's hope everyone jumps onboard - (get it - Jolly Pirate/get on board.....)
    Hopefully we'll be back in Spring 2018

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahahaha
    awesome

This past October I saw many people at LaCabana with reusable cups, myself included. They even offered one at the bar. They would even use your cup for the happy hour drinks. Nice keepsake as well as good for the environment.

What a great idea...I am going in a week and will grab one of my to go cups and pack it for the trip !!!
    wonderful idea, I always think that i should have packed one after I get there...this year I am going to plan ahead and pull it out NOW!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    What a great idea...I am going in a week and will grab one of my to go cups and pack it for the trip !!!
    wonderful idea, I always think that i should have packed one after I get there...this year I am going to plan ahead and pull it out NOW!!!
    We are starting to get quite the collection of Aruba drinking cups and insulated water bottles. We forget them and buy new ones or just see one with a slogan or picture that we like and end up buying it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I think this is a great idea, as long as I don't forget my good sippy cup at the bar! ; (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast