was very interesting.

No church of them here but there was some 'issues' about distributing
    some of their literature at the schools. Forget what it was about -
    but if you look on Amigoe.com and do a lot of scrolling - you still
    might find it.

What happened to the guys from Spain who were going to buy the
    Bushiri? Know they weren't happy about the progress moving
    the cargo area (sorry about the blue font but copied the name
    from previous post and it turned blue!! )

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    When we took the helitour this past March the guide told us Tom comes to the island quite a bit for the scientology. Now I'm wondering if that was "old news".
    Judge me if you want but I've always been a drooling fan of his and would be tongue-tied if I ever saw him in person.
    When we were there we saw a Nascar person and right now I can't think of his name. I believe he had a yacht parked across from the Renaissance.
    Always remember that the tour guides like to tell you "stories" (some are true and some are not.) Just like the stories some tour guides told about the "rock piles" being there for many, many decades (can't remember how the "ancient story" went) but they were really put there by tourists and I don't thing we even saw such a thing back in the '90's.

Have a few Dutch friends who live on the island and they have said that Tom Cruise has RENTED a house in Aruba many years ago but he never owned one on Aruba.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-08-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We saw George Michael on Eagle beach this year. My husband is also an actor in the UK I believe the TV show has been shown in America as he gets stopped for the odd autograph but no major Hollywood star that's for sure. Oh and Kun Aguero (Argentinian and Manchester city) soccer player was staying at the Ritz this year in the first week of August following the world cup!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    We saw George Michael on Eagle beach this year. My husband is also an actor in the UK I believe the TV show has been shown in America as he gets stopped for the odd autograph but no major Hollywood star that's for sure. Oh and Kun Aguero (Argentinian and Manchester city) soccer player was staying at the Ritz this year in the first week of August following the world cup!

I know who George Michael is but not Kun Aguero. There are many celebrities that go to Aruba. As for Tom Cruise I don't think he owns home on Aruba. He does go to Aruba on the Scientology Freewinds ship.

met richard gere twice, walking the beach.. he stays at the hyatt, long time aruba lover

this past june, taj gibson of the chicago bulls and louis vasquez guard for denver broncos hung with our family.
    very nice guys..

Any recent celebrity sightings?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by andrea j. View Post
    who have you seen on aruba?

This past trip we saw marty allen saw him a few times and then again at the airport in the crying room.
    He is old and moves slowly but still has the wild hair and a lovely caregiver type lady.

He said hello to paul and me.

few years ago we saw oj (i think it was in 2003) at imigration hall at the airport.
    A year or so before that we saw tom cruise.

Who have you seen?
    i saw all of you
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

We met Paul Sr (Orange County Choppers) in 2007 at Radisson pool. He was there all week. He was a really nice person.

My wife, who is from Aruba, has pictures when she was a teen with Travolta, Chuck Norris, and Jimmy Buffett.

No one

Dirk kuyt a famous dutch soccer player was on the island

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast