Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell phone

Cell phone

hI wEA RE LEAVING IN9 DAYS FOR aRUBA. cAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW i GO ABOUT GETTING A CELL PHONE i CAN USE IN aRUBA TO CALL HOME IN pa. tHANK YOU

Aruba since 1979
    this place gets GOOD reviews.
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/

welcome to the forum!!!

Cell phone

How do you go about getting a cell phone so we can call pa

I'll second Andrea. We rented our phones from ArubaDiscountCell just a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to have our cell phone numbers prior to leaving for our vacation, so it really pays to reserve ahead of time. They deliver your phone to your hotel lobby soon after you call them to let them know you've checked in. Trees called my room to let me know she'd arrived (took her only about 15 mins, but it helped that she was just delivering a phone to a nearby hotel), and she was in the lobby near the front desk with the phones and paperwork. I arranged a time for her to pick up our phones on our last day, and she was there at the time we agreed upon. So, I'd give them a 10 out of 10 for great service.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

I would recommend http://arubadiscountcell.com/ .

I just finished a post on another thread about our experience a couple of weeks ago. In a nutshell, we were very happy with the service we received. You just have to complete the registration info you'll find on their web site.

I was just going to link the thread, but you started the other one, so I guess you'll find it.
    Last edited by corona; 04-20-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    Next Aruba trip in

Cell phone

Thanks to you and Andrea for answering so fast. I submited my request I guess they will e mail me with more info.
    Leaving in 10 days 15th trip . I love it there.
    Thanks

If I remember right, I made my reservation in the morning and heard back by the afternoon. You'll get your number a few days prior to your trip.

Have a great time!...I wish I was going back in 10 days!...and 15 trips?...you're a veteran!!
    Next Aruba trip in

We live in PA and have AT&T cell service. The last time we went to Aruba we just added an international plan to our phone for 1 month and used our regular phones.

Now we have iphones and I am wondering about the 3G coverage on the island? It would be nice to use the iphone to check emails and such.

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    We have iPhones, I checked on rates...in my opinion, astronomical! $5.99/mo for the int'l plan which reduces your per minute use (voice only) to $1.69 from $1.99. Minutes click after 9 seconds. Data plan is 20 mb for $29.99, 50 mb for $59.99 and up from there. I figure it to be cheaper to bring laptop, buy wifi and check e-mail that way.

Make sure you leave your phone on "airplane mode" as well. Your phone will access data constantly and you will be charged, (even if it's "off" I believe) so be careful!

I made sure I had international service with my carrier last year(sprint). We found that we could not use the phone all week. We were told then (last July) that the towers were down and several people were having the same issue. Was that a fluke....we are going to bring phone with us again this year but maybe the remtal is a better options....at least we know if will work. ghanks for the info.....my notebook is getting full
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast