Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by macbosnia View Post
    Hi Arubalisa,

I just talked to T-Mobile. Turns out my phone doesn't have the capacity to pick up the Aruba frequency. So I would need to get a new phone. Since I only really need this phone for about 2 days (the 2nd place we're staying at has a cell where we can buy prepaid calling card minutes), I think I'll rent just rent a cell for a few days...sounds like it may be the most cost effective way to go about it. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to rent a cell from Aruba Discount Cell or Aruba Fast Phones for a couple of days?

Mac
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/cellularphoneprices.html
    Others have more experience, but $30 a week with 57 free minutes locally or to the US sounds like a good deal to me.

Arubalisa,
    That is what I found also. I filled out the reservation form and expect to hear from Aruba discount cell with in 2 days. THey said if no response... email and redo forms again. I just want to be able to call my ailing mom and check on her. DOnt want to do email while on vacation. (I want to relax). Verizon is 1.99 intl roaming fees with .50 cent texts outgoing and .05 incoming but dont want any surprises!! $30 dollars for 57 minutes sounds great !!!!

I emailed discountcell and heard back within 24 hours from Tree. She was great and answered my questions promptly. She assured me she could drop off the phone to our resort and pick it up.
    It also seems she has a car rental business.

That sounds great! Thank you!!

Heard back from arubadiscount cell promptly to confirm my reservation. They will deliver to my hotel room. Can't do better than that!!!
    Less than 2 weeks and counting.......

Who to rent cell phone from

Looks like this time I will need to rent a cell phone while on vacation. Who should I contact for the best service calling back to the States and States call us.
    Thanks

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i am renting from arubadiscountcell.com. I got the name from this forum. their prices seem very fair, no charge for incoming, etc. for 10 days, 57 minutes, its $40. i just need to call home every other day. they have i thing for $50 or $60, not sure now, but i think that gets you 120 minutes. also, they drop off and pick up the phone wherever you want and send you the phone number a couple of days ahead so you can give it to those you need to.

Just a thought, I went to SETAR and bought a phone for less than $70.00 (US) and had a SIM card put in it. I keep the same number all the time and just re-activate it at the airport kiosk when I get in. And NO, you do not lose the number after 6 months. I have had the same number for 3 years. . . . By doing it this way, I can give the number to the folks at home and anyone on the island. Comes in real handy when making contacts before you get to the island. . . .

Tom and Stanley

I just returned from Aruba yesterday and used aruba discount cell. Trees was wonderful and provided excellent communication and service. She provided our phone numbers prior to our departure so we could give them to our family.

We called her when we were checked in and they dropped the phones and charges off to us at our hotel. We just gave her a call the day before we left and she picked them up. No hassle or problems at all. I would highly recommend their services.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast