Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell phone

I would purchase a phone from AT&T like here: (8$):

htt p://w w w.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Nokia+2330+-+GoPhone%C2%AE+-+Prepaid&q_sku=sku4830288 (remove the spaces at the beginning)

Once you get it, you can call AT&T and they will give you the unlock code (so you can put in a foreign sim card).

After you land, they have little kiosks by the airport for digicell (and another popular carrier) that you can buy a cheap prepaid sim and pop it into your phone.

Did it last time I was there and still have plenty of time left after calling the US for a good amount of time.

I use to rent a phone at the airport, usally from who ever I rented a car from. I have since purchased a phone for around 70.00 and I have minutes put in at Satar any time I am there. I keep the same phone number. I am on the island two or three times a year and I always have to keep in touch with the states so for me it was worth it.

Satar is the booth right outside the airport that I purchased from. Have no complaints and it was very very reasonable.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I am using aruba discount cell and have dealt with Trees. For those that have dealt with Trees (is it a man or woman?), how long before you leave do they let you know the phone number and about drop off of phone, etc....

Aruba since 1979
    do not know if male or female

they will email you the phone number a week or so prior to arrival.

they will meet you at the resort and give you the phone at a time agreeable to you.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I am using aruba discount cell and have dealt with Trees. For those that have dealt with Trees (is it a man or woman?), how long before you leave do they let you know the phone number and about drop off of phone, etc....

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i know i asked about someone calling me on a cell phone i rent in aruba. but i just realized, when i rent a cell phone there, it will be an aruba number. if i wanted to call home here in NJ, what would i have to dial to get a call to go through to America???

i wasn't even thinking, i'm thinking you just dial the area code & number, lol, but I know that won't do it. can someone give me the beginning like arubalisa gave me to call from home to aruba? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i know i asked about someone calling me on a cell phone i rent in aruba. but i just realized, when i rent a cell phone there, it will be an aruba number. if i wanted to call home here in NJ, what would i have to dial to get a call to go through to America???

i wasn't even thinking, i'm thinking you just dial the area code & number, lol, but I know that won't do it. can someone give me the beginning like arubalisa gave me to call from home to aruba? thanks
    How to call United States from Aruba:

dial 00 + 1 + phone number

How to call Aruba from the USA/Canada:

dial 011 + 297 + phone number

http://www.howtocallabroad.com/aruba/

thank you, arubalisa, i knew you would know...

Cell phone?

I thought I heard charles was back....which company was he... I tried to rent one last year, got the phone number gave it to everyone at home when I got to aruba...nope...never heard from the person... so going to try again..
    Thanks

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast