Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Cell phone

I have rented from both. Charles was at the airport the first year I rented from them, which was handy. The second year I went with Trees as Charles was not at the airport anymore. Both were great for what I needed - just to check in at home a few times a week while I was away. This year I went back to Charles as he posts on this bulletin board and I enjoy his postings and he's a very nice man. I think it's what all what you are looking for...prices, minutes, etc. For me, Charles fit the bill. See you in two weeks Charles!

thank you

Very nice of you. Thanks

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

I have used fastphones and aruba discount cell over the past 7 years or so. I was a big supporter of fastphones but Charles left the company for a while and customer service went down the toilet. I am guessing he is back now so service should be great again.

Someone told me about Trees at Aruba Discount Cell a couple of years ago and I used her. I haven't had a problem at all with her service. I called when I got to the resort and the phone was there within 30 minutes.

I'll continue to use Aruba Discount Cell until I have a reason to switch again. But I don't think you can go wrong with either company.

It's good to see Charles back on the boards again and involved with fast phones.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    We are heading to Aruba in May. Do you have to coordinate with fast phones / Charles ahead of time?

Aruba since 1979
    it is best to communicate with charles prior to your arrival.
    also too, he will be able to issue you your phone number to leave with your emergency contact info.

reserve, so that in the event when you get to aruba you do not want to be disappointed

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    We are heading to Aruba in May. Do you have to coordinate with fast phones / Charles ahead of time?

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Good point! Thanks Andrea

Verizon working n aruba

We have two carriers and one of the two is surely in an agreement with VERIZON. That is not the issue. The issue is - What will they charge you for roaming charges? Just check with the USA provider and ask them what the roaming charges are. Then do a multiplication of 60 times that number. (The 60 representing average amount of minutes used.) It then puts things in a more reasonable way to view it.

That said, there are folks that are not affected by the economy or just don't care about those expenses and prefer to "ROAM".

be well
    charles

=Griswold Family Vacay;192861]We have Verizon phones. Will they work on Aruba? Should we text rather than call?

I know we can get a local phone. Do we really need one? How much are they for a week?[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by charles; 03-20-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678