Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cell Phone, Apple Iphone on island

I will be travelling to Aruba at the end of february and was wondering what kind of coverage the iphone gets. Can you make calls even if you might not have the internet?

At&t works good on the island, make sure you have the international plan, still cheaper if u use digicel or setar phone with calling cards, you can rent phones and some car rental co's (royal blue-1 of cheapest on island) will give you a phone to use for free, you can buy the calling cards at many stores including at the kiosk at the airport arrival lobby. I-phone at &t rate i believe is around $1.50 to 1.99 minute

Quote Originally Posted by aprilcloutier View Post
    I will be travelling to Aruba at the end of february and was wondering what kind of coverage the iphone gets. Can you make calls even if you might not have the internet?

Hi,
    As mark mentioned, the I-phone works just fine here. There are various rental car companies that give deals with their rentals. There are also several cell phone rental companies that dedicate themselves to that and nothing else.

be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    Hi,
    be well
    charles
    It is great to see you posting Charles. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks to you and that cute kitten wrapped around your neck
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    I-phone at &t rate i believe is around $1.50 to 1.99 minute
    I have been renting from Fastphones for years and it is much less expensive to get their phone. For $50/wk you get about 84 minutes which includes local and long distance. Even to buy additional minutes it works out to be around 30 cents a minute. You can make a lot of calls for that price compared to the above!

If you reserve before you go then you can get the phone number ahead of time and no worries about the sand, water, etc. ruining your expensive phone!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

If you are staying at a place with wifi you should get the Truphone app. I tried it and it works great. I just used it for making calls to the states. If you are staying at a place with wired internet in the room, get a portable router. That is what I did. Other than that, it can get expensive using your iphone there.

It is so good to hear from charles. We're picking up our phone from him on sunday !!!! yeah !!!!

Good to see you posting Charles you have always provided good information

Thanks guys,
    Hope you have a wonderful vacation on Aruba. The one thing that is very true is that
    Wind
    Sand
    A cold beer or other drink
    Blue oceans
    Cacti
    Divi trees
    Do not know anything about the financial status of the world. Want to have a nice vacation? - Do not educate the above and just join them for a while.

be well;
    charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast