Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I highly recommend Charles @ fastphonearuba.com from the above post.
    I use them every year and the product, prices and especially the service is the best on the island. Great people, great company.

I would say that your best bet (being from Canada) is to get a cell phone rental. I posted on another thread about bringing a BB to Aruba if you are a "regular"but this wouldn't really apply to you. We rented from Charles at Fast Phones for years and he is a reliable and trustworthy person so you are in good hands!

As I stated in the previous thread, the cost of using your own cell or BB from Canada is outrageous so don't even bother thinking of it. This is really the easiest and cheapest way to call home to Canada. You can buy additional cards for talk time at anyone of the Marriott mini marts and it is very easy to add the minutes to your phone.

As far as taking your laptop, if you are in the Ocean Club or Surf Club the internet is free but at the hotel, I believe there is a cost involved. We enjoy having our laptop with us in our room as we use it for more than emails but the choice is your.

Enjoy and rent the phone and then sit back and relax and have fun in Aruba. Your three year old will be fine... been there, done that!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and experiences and a big thanks to Charles for reaching out to me. I will contact him once our travel plans for the first week of April are firmed up. His service is the perfect solution.

That's one less thing to stress about.

I am from NY and have a Verizon Droid cell phone. If I call them can they upgrade me for a month with international service? I don't expect to need to call home or to be reached but Hubby and I are attached via our phones... I can't imagine being in a large resort for a week and not being able to call or text each other from wherever to check in. So sad, lol!

Aruba since 1979
    sure they can upgrade you for international.
    the roaming charges and fees will be substantial

or can you get SIM cards for your verizon droids?

it might be less expensive to rent 2 cell phones on island.
    check with verizon
    then check w/ www.fastphonearuba.com
    do the math and figure which is less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post
    I am from NY and have a Verizon Droid cell phone. If I call them can they upgrade me for a month with international service? I don't expect to need to call home or to be reached but Hubby and I are attached via our phones... I can't imagine being in a large resort for a week and not being able to call or text each other from wherever to check in. So sad, lol!

Aruba since 1979
    Hey GRIS

Contact Charles at www.arubafastphone.com or by private message to caribbean tattler on this site.
    he has got a deal for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post

You can use Skype to call land lines and cell phones for a fee. Check out their site. Skype.com

Talking FASTPHONEARUBA.COM is GREAT

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone (who doesn't know already!) how easy, and affordable it is to rent a phone from Charles at :

http://www.fastphonearuba.com

He is a pleasure to do business with and was very quick to answer all of my questions. I would't hesitate to use him again in the future. We are travelling with a rather large group this year, I'm going to send them all his information!

He provided the number to me already, I can share it with my family. I also received a bonus for signing up early. This is a fantastic service.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12