Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thank you all so very much. We reserved a phone with arubadiscountcell. I was amazed with all of your caring, warm and quick responses. Mom, as you remember that's me, feels great about our choice and my ability to reach said son. I was wondering though, how does one pay for the phone? at the time of pick-up? There was no info on the website....and is it enough just to email or should I follow up with a phone call? Thanks again! Be well all!!!!!

Credit card!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Cell Phone Works?

Does the standard Verizon or ATT cell phones work in Aruba?

I am not sure about the US phones but for the Canadian cell phones, the roaming charges are really expensive. Much more econonmical to rent in Aruba which usually comes with minutes included.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesdad View Post
    Does the standard Verizon or ATT cell phones work in Aruba?
    Will U.S. cellular phones work in Aruba?
    Yes, if you have a GSM (Global System for Mobile Telecommunications) cell phone you can purchase a SIM-unlocked compatible card in Aruba to telephone the US. Check out Telestial, SETAR or Digicel for a pre-paid SIM card.

AT& T Standard International Roaming $1.99/minute
    Verizon Internations Services Roaming $1.29/minute

Cingular/AT&T Customers can access information "Traveling Outside the US". You need to know if your wireless device will work in Aruba. You also need to activate an international roaming account.

Verizon Wireless International calling to/from Aruba is available. Your phone must be activated for international dialing and accepting international calls. The programming must be done from your home calling area.
    "I-DIAL
    Making international calls, and roaming in most countries, requires international dialing capability (I-DIAL) on your account. You can make calls to and roam in some North American countries without I-DIAL; see International Services for details. I-DIAL requires a minimum payment history and contract term, and a security deposit may be required. Failure to maintain these requirements may result in I-DIAL suspension without notice. You can remove I-DIAL at any time by calling Customer Service. For South Korea, see the special instructions below."

Nights and Weekends

Does anyone know if the cell phone is free on nights and/or weekends if you rent a phone from ArubaDiscountCell?

Thanks,
    Rick

Cost

If we get a cell phone, which would be more resonable for cost, the charge to call the hotel vs call the cell phone?

Cingular is good. We have other carriers and I found Cingular to be good with price and reception.

On our vacation we rent a phone from maloca. ( www.malocafamily.com)
    It's a great phone and great service. After we arrived the delivered it to us very fast. Also the phone is not just to call but has many functions. Like sooo many companies are in the phone. Anything you want to find is there. also there is e-mail/internet on it. Music/movies. It's great. You do pay a bit more but for us that was worth it.

IGUANNA JOES, FISHING CHARTERS, SHOPPING, BABY BEACH,BUGALOOS
    My cousin used his Verizon wireless phone from New York and had the international calling added last year. We never could make a call, all it did was roam so we ended up getting a phone card . That was a pain in the neck waiting on lines to get to use a phone. This year we are going to rent a phone. Has to be better.
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast