Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow...tmobile is so different from Verizon!! Verizon to verizon is always free but super expensive for international, which is why I rent.

The nice thing about Aruba discount cell is they deliver the phone right to your resort. Ask the front desk to borrow their phone for a local call and ADC will be there in like 5 mins. It's great!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Just got off the phone with T-Moble. They tell me the international plan is $5.00 and is from my sons cell to a land line only so that won't work. If he calls our rented cell, it's $1.99 a minute for roaming. We can call him with our rented cell and there is no charge but minutes are deducted from our plan so that works. He can text us for $0.20 and we can text him, no charge.

im renting from aruba discount cell, Will work perfect, as we rented the blackberry and can use the free data for emailing, sending photos, etc.

Aruba since 1979
    isn't it amazing how complicated it gets with our "stuff" (cell phones, pdas, laptops, tablets, chargers, powers strips) ?

and, many of us cannot do without.
    we are very lucky that there are cell phone companies in aruba that suit our needs.

just thinking that we have so much technology at our fingertips and speaking for myself, i need every bit of it when i travel and not traveling.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    To much technology. Can't wait to be sitting on Eagle Beach on Thursday with a Balashi.

Have a great time, Chrisvec!!

Hi,
    Here is how it basically works.

When you have a rented phone on Aruba (which is nothing more than a "Pay as you go" phone) then the following is the case:
    Any one calling you from anywhere, get charged at their end based on the type of plan they have. That said, you as the one receiving the call, do not get charged for the incoming call or text message.

Should you want to call the USA, then the average cost is .26 per minute which is way cheaper than any roaming program out there right now.

Local calls can be a bit more expensive since they utilize towers and not satellites. For your local rates, just look at the rate schedule and times. For example, calls between 6pm and 6am are cheaper than others.

Text messages to the USA are about .15 or .18 per message.

No cell phone company gives free minutes. Not us not discount cell or anyone else. What happens is that the minutes cost us a certain amount and we just acquire minutes and place those credits on your rented phone. Your one time fee includes these minutes. If you use them up, then there is additional expense.

Hope that helped.

Charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Interesting. What is the cost or related expenses for putting such a plan into action? Are there minimum times for having such a plan?

=chouth;203215]I have Tmobile too and I called them for our trip in July. The representative told me that if I put free international plan on my phones there are not any charges or fees calling the states. Also tmobile to tmobile is always free. Why are you renting?[/QUOTE]
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by chouth View Post
    I have Tmobile too and I called them for our trip in July. The representative told me that if I put free international plan on my phones there are not any charges or fees calling the states. Also tmobile to tmobile is always free. Why are you renting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean-tattler View Post
    Interesting. What is the cost or related expenses for putting such a plan into action? Are there minimum times for having such a plan?
    Chouth, do you have it in writing somewhere? As Charles stated, we would all be interested in seeing the details on that.

I looked real quick on their website and found for Aruba $1.49/minute on a $5 a month international plan.

They have a $10 a month plan with unlimited international texts and use of your own voice plan's minutes, but Aruba is not offered as a country under that plan.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Internationa...eOverview.aspx

Am just thinking out loud here..."if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is "

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i've forgotten but if you are in aruba and you rent a cell phone there. when you call the states from a rented cellphone, is there a code you need to hit before the area code & number in the states? or do you just dial direct.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast