Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cell phone service

This will be our 7th time to Aruba and we have Alltel as our service on our cellphones. Does anyone know what service from the U.S. works there or if the deal at the Marriott gift shop is a good one to rent cell phones? In the past we have used to phone cards at the Setar place.
    Thanks!

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    We have our cell phones with AT&T. We called them and they added the international roaming to my phone for the time we were in Aruba. It cost us .99 per call for the roaming fee. Call your service provider and ask them if your type of phone and their service works in Aruba.

mac

Smile Verizon

We have used our Verizon the last two years with no problem. You have to call and have international service added and i think it's 1.29/minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim L View Post
    We have our cell phones with AT&T. We called them and they added the international roaming to my phone for the time we were in Aruba. It cost us .99 per call for the roaming fee. Call your service provider and ask them if your type of phone and their service works in Aruba.

Check your per-minute fees as well. Right now ATT is charging $1.99 PER MINUTE for calls made/received while in Aruba.

Hi! I am not sure about Alltell but I do know that the deal in the Marriott Hotel is NOT a good one. We looked into it when we were there in June. We rent a phone from Aruba Discount Cell 2x a year (every year) which has been wonderful, so we're sticking with them. They make the process so easy b/c they drop off and pick up the phone at the Marriott. Here's the package we usually get...its a great deal:

Option. (1)
    Pay onlyUS$30,- Per/Week include 57 FREE minutes. To the (U.S / Canada or local)
    Package includes:
    Free outgoing calls as shown on Options.
    Free incoming calls from around the world.
    The handheld device.
    The phone charger.
    Free pick-up & delivery service to Hotel / Resort.
    Sales tax included in rates.

There are other options on their website:
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/hotdealsoncellphones.html

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    I was just there in May and AT&T charged me .99 a minute. I did have to get International Calling from Aruba added to our plan for the time we were there. Guess maybe AT&T raised their rates.

Rent A Cell Is Better

You Can Always rent a cell phone in Aruba. There Is a nice place @ the Renaissance mall in Oranjestad. Also they cell Sim Cards if you have an unlock phone
    Last edited by cyber23; 07-30-2008 at 11:20 PM.

It seems that all GSM (At&t) and all CDMA9 Sprint,Verizon type phones work here just get ready to pay a hefty price for using your cell. The best is to rent one here... or do like I did no cell on my vacation.

Tmobile Said if you add international roaming it will work but its 1.49/min

verizon is the same, just add the int'l roaming service (free) and pay 1.99/minute. people calling you from the states just have to dial your regular number but you have to dial the US' country code + 10 digit #. tex message was either 99c or $1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast