Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The only weird thing I found out about T-Mobile is that if you receive a call and do not answer, You are still charged the airtime while the person leaves a message. I am going to disable voicemail while I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjack View Post
    The only weird thing I found out about T-Mobile is that if you receive a call and do not answer, You are still charged the airtime while the person leaves a message. I am going to disable voicemail while I'm there.
    I have T-mobile and wasn't able to access my voicemail while in Aruba. All of a sudden when I got home, there were all my voicemails! Any idea why?

can you surf the web on your cell in aruba without incurring any additional charges? i.e. can access this forum or my yahoo email?

Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    can you surf the web on your cell in aruba without incurring any additional charges? i.e. can access this forum or my yahoo email?
    At&t would charge $1.99 a minute for that privledge , though he had a great signal. Cheaper to bring a laptop and use WI-FI.

Gcv

We found that you can use your own cell phone, just puchase a SIM card in Aruba. It's the least expensive way to go. Just make sure you contact your cell phone provider a week or two in advance to get the password to unlock your phone. We have Cingular and found that we had to use the PIN code that came with our Carribbean SIM card first then we entered Cingulars password and that was it. Buy a primo card for local calls and a Ventaha card for international calls.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i have verizon wireless which is too expensive to use in aruba and I reserved a phone with aruba discount cell. i just called verizon, and of course i got two different responses so i'll ask here. when i arrive, i am to call trees so she can bring me the phone. now we are staying in an apt so i have to use my cellphone for one call. when i asked verizon while in aruba, do i need to use the country code, whatever, they totally confused me. they talked about CDMA & GSM. if its CDMA, i dial 297 & then the number. if its GSM, I dial the plus sign, 297 & then the number. in other words, +297 732 xxxx.

so, is there anyone who has verizon and while in aruba, called a local number? and if so, what did you dial to get that local number while you were in aruba. if it helps at all, my area code for my cellphone is 908.

i guess i can call verizon for the 3rd time and get the tie breaker but the people on this forum seem more knowledgeable then they do.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Exclamation

>>> "no cell on my vacation."
    ----- Ditto! But no doubt some have to check on Children at home or sick
    Parents.
    >>> "now we are staying in an apt"
    ----- Can't you use the apt owner's phone?
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 11-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, i called verizon for the tiebreaker. he said when you are in aruba, you are using local towers so just dial the number locally. you don't need country codes. but of course its $1.99 a minute, which is why i am renting a phone. its like a vicious circle. anyway, hopefully he is right but if not, i have what the other two people said to do so one out of 3 have to be right, lol....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12