Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: charging devices/electronics

Aruba since 1979

charging devices/electronics

what have i turned into? what have we turned into?

as i finished up packing the little stuff, i am stunned at the electronics/and their chargers that are now in our carry ons.

his and hers..2 iphones a 5 and 6+ and iPad mini , so we can share the 1 charger.
    hers..an iphone 4 with a charger not compatible to the 5 and 6. (this is my beater phone for music and audiobooks at the beach)
    his a kindle with its charger.
    his a nook, that he rarely uses but dear son gave paul a subscription to something that is sent to the nook. and a charger.

his macbook, he does some web research work for a local university so the laptop is necessary as he'll put in a few hours daily.....and a charger.

i feel like an apple authorized parts store.

is it just us?

turning off/tuning out, is not an option as we enjoy ebooks and audiobooks and facetiming with our family.

so, all devices have their appropriate chargers and everything is now packed.

Its crazy how quickly that stuff can fill up a bag. Thats one good thing about us bbeing android users, our tablets and phones all use the same type of chargers. But we still end up with 2 chargers, 2 phones, 2 tablets, a camera with its own battery charger, and a pocket video camera that I have a feeling will soon be replaced with a go pro.

Think about how much your packing list has changed over the years
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Elastics become our best friends for all those chargers.

we got this great see thru mini tote that holds them all. Little compartments for each.
    saw it in one of those inflight shopping magazines.

I'm just learning about that. We always disconnected but this year we decided to get the wifi. Not too bad for us though. We just have the IPad and my phone is in airplane mode.

LOL I thought the same thing when packing for our trip last month. I had a whole "cosmetic" bag with the chargers and adapters. iPhone 6, iPhone 4 (with movies), Kindle, camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    his a nook, that he rarely uses but dear son gave paul a subscription to something that is sent to the nook. and a charger.

Download the Nook app on his iPad - reduce by one device/charger I love that I can still read my Nook Books on my iPhone
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I packed my lap top; phone, two camera's (one for water and the other with great lens) I put all my chargers in zip lock bags.. with ties around each one.
    Left a sticker on my computer "don't forgot chargers"
    The only charger I left in my carry on bag was for my phone and computer.
    I actually packed all my camera's and devices (not computer or phone) wrap them good and packed them in between clothes; so all I carried on the plane returning to the states was my lap top, small bag with passports and phone.
    Left my hands free for the duty free store. lol
    Cathi

We used to bring 2 laptops, this year my hubby holds a different position and will not need his work laptop anymore I NEED mine - I can't stand to type on the iDevices and also need it to pay bills while we are away. We also have an iPad, a Nook and a Kindle - I'm thinking the Nook will stay home this year as well. Four cell phones (3 iPhones 5&6, 1 Samsung Galaxy - 2 or 3 chargers), one iPod touch with the older style charger. I just bought a wall charger with multiple USB ports just for Aruba

I am in the "Me, too" category here. That's why in any "what to pack" thread, I always recommend a six-outlet electrical strip. With all these things that need to be plugged in, there's not always many convenient or available outlets in hotel rooms and resorts.

Awesome suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast