Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    coronacathy

Cheapest Week in High Season??

We were in Aruba for the first time last month, 20-27th. We stayed at the Tam & plan on going back Feb. 09. I know Feb is high season. Some people told us that we picked the most expensive "week" to be there. We were told that week 5 is the cheapest week to go in the high season. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Thanks!

Usually the 2nd. & 3rd. week of Jan. are the slowest of the high season. But, even then it will be busy.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

You went this year during the dreaded President's week Break. It is more expensive this week because the kids are out of school during this week so a lot of people go then. We went once during this week and will never do it again - we paid more money and had worse service and it was way more crowded. Easter week is also to be avoided if possible. The resorts get packed starting on Good Friday and are extremely crowded all week.

I am not positive, but I was always under the impression in our 9 years of using MCM Tours, that they ever had rates different than just high season, low season, and Christmas. In other words, after Christmas, prices were the same throughout high season, no matter which week you traveled.

FWIW, we traveled to Aruba mid-January one week and thought it was much quieter than mid-March when it was very crowded. That would make a little bit longer winter once you got home though.

Before buying our house in Aruba, we booked our vacation thru Apple. Their rates were always a little cheaper for the 2nd. & 3rd. week of Jan.

It's been 3 years, so that must have changed.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

I am only writing of my experience with the Hyatt - we stay there every year and were charged a slightly higher rate during President's Week. We had previously stayed there in mid March. Of course we also had to pay 2-3 times more airfare than usual which made the vacation that much more expensive. The direct flight we took out of Newark was well over $1000 per person.