Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Chiropractor...recommendations

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Chiropractor...recommendations

Yep, have to ask this question....Sciatica...........
    Leaving in 14 days and have to deal with this....SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone have any recommendations just in case I get really bad...

cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    Quality Chiropractic Clinic NV
    Primavera 6 J Aruba
    Telephone: 297-588-5487
    Facsimile: 297-588-5489

cindy i have no knowledge of this chiropractic practice.
    it is the only one i found in the aruba phone book.

sciatic pain is excruciating .
    i had it for 2 months last winter...an injury to the piriformis muscle crushing the sciatic nerve. agony.
    i feel so sorry for your pain.

good luck.

maybe some of our aruba residents will see your question and give a recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Yep, have to ask this question....Sciatica...........
    Leaving in 14 days and have to deal with this....SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone have any recommendations just in case I get really bad...

cindyo

Been dealing with Sciatica for many, many years. Even though many times I have suffered on the way down, after a day in the ocean, I'm fine. I take a noodle float under my arms, and let the wave action do the therapy. It's unbelievably. I try to float for at least an hour per day. Be sure you're in water deep enough so you feet don't touch. I consider it a miracle cure and have often tried to use it as a reason for an addition trip to Paradise.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

I'm not sure how you feel about the idea of Eastern methods of healing, but I can tell you, having also dealt with sciatica for more than a few years, if you're willing to try it, a good acupuncturist can do wonders. I found myself almost crippled by the discomfort until I met the right therapist who, after three 1/2 hour sessions had me walking normally without a walking stick.
    I could also go on about the concept of Reiki and energy work to deal with the discomfort, but I'll not start self-promoting here.

Good luck, I hope you get through the pain. And remember, when walking, step out... no small steps. That doesn't help the restriction around the nerve. Stretch that leg...

be well, and blessings
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    the weight of one's legs hanging in the water (using the noodle) does work wonders.
    and while hanging there, also do a giant bicycle pedal motion.

the whole idea is to relieve the pressure of the discs or the muscles that are pinching the sciatic nerve. snidely good work!

Aruba since 1979
    YES YES YES for acupuncture.
    Michael i am so glad you brought up eastern methods of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    I'm not sure how you feel about the idea of Eastern methods of healing, but I can tell you, having also dealt with sciatica for more than a few years, if you're willing to try it, a good acupuncturist can do wonders. I found myself almost crippled by the discomfort until I met the right therapist who, after three 1/2 hour sessions had me walking normally without a walking stick.
    I could also go on about the concept of Reiki and energy work to deal with the discomfort, but I'll not start self-promoting here.

Good luck, I hope you get through the pain. And remember, when walking, step out... no small steps. That doesn't help the restriction around the nerve. Stretch that leg...

be well, and blessings

Aruba since 1979
    cindy......
    if you have a recent film (mri/ctscan/xray)
    bring it with you when you go to aruba.
    the radiologists now keep them on dvd or cd.

anywho...........bring with you, so if you do have to see a DC in aruba, he/she will see exactly what it is he has to adjust. no sense of having to have an xray there if you have a current picture.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i have a torn rotator cuff and being in the salt water works wonders. last year when we went to aruba, my back was killing me (from the cuff tightening it up). the flight attendant was trying to find anyone who was a massage therapist on the plane, lol. one day in the ocean and my back was great the whole time. same thing happened to me the year before being in the ocean when my tear was new.

I also am a firm believer in accupuncture.

Aruba since 1979
    water is marvelous therapy!

last year doing water aerobics i injured my piriformis muscle. it is the muscle under the glute in the bum. the muscle was squishing the sciatic nerve causing sciatica.
    the md, did nothing except tell me to alternate heat and ice and give me huge pain killers and muscle relaxers. he said there was no cure and it would heal in 10 wks and after the 10 weeks i could do physical therapy.

so i was drugged out and in bed. after 4 days, i went to a chiropractor. he in turn manipulated me and brought some relief and referred me to his acupuncture doctor associate that also worked in the same practice. between her needling and his adjusting, i am now as good as new. took 4 weeks. NO narcotic pain killers!

i swear by chiropractic and acupuncture.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Andrea, thats exactly what i have priformis! OMG my butt, calfs are killing me and my foot is numb. What do you think of using a hot tub for it?
    Shot of cortisone has done nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast