Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Chiropractor...recommendations

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks all for your help, appreciate it!
    Need all the help i can get.
    Xo cindyo

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    my massage therapist (who is wonderful), told me to get in the jacuzzi and put in lots of epsom salt. the epsom salt has magnesium which helps heal the muscles. stay in for a good 20 minutes or more. i'm usually bored after 20 minutes but it loosens the muscles and the magnesium from the epsom salt helps the muscles....

Any Aruba beach...
    Personally I would be hesitant about that. I would not want the salt corroding the jets and guts of the jacuzzi, but that is just me.
    Safe Use of Epsom Salt in Jet Tubs

Add two cups of salt for every gallon of water in the tub. Only use salts that will dissolve completely in the water. Salts that are highly mineralized may leave particles behind that will clog up jets."

I'm a chiropractor who was looking to move to Aruba when I found your thread. The sciatic nerve goes through the area of the piriformis and really responds to stretching. Try sitting on a firm chair, put the ankle of the affected side on the opposite knee, then arch your low back (as if you were trying to pooch your stomach out), maintain this arch while pushing forward with your chest. You should get a pull deep within the butt, if not, try pushing your knee on that side down. Hold this position for about 5 seconds, take a deep breath, exhale, pause for a second then go down further while still maintaining the curve in your low back (push your chest forward). This is now your new start point. Don't give it up and don't bounce. Repeat this 3-5 times per stretch session. Do it when you get out of bed in the morning and before you go to sleep. Remember to keep the arch in your low back. If this doesn't work, be patient and find a place for me to practice
    Last edited by docjon; 09-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the community forum doc

i encourage you to look thru the section of MOVING to ARUBA re: your quest for moving to and working in aruba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12