Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Christmas in aruba

Christmas in aruba

Are there any special activities and traditions for christmas? Special dinners? Do the resorts do anything extra for Christmas? It will be our first time for Christmas in Aruba, 2nd visit this year.

Aruba since 1979
    hi and welcome to your first posting!

to begin with all of the resorts as well as a LOT of the island will be laden with decorations.
    if you have a car, head to san nic to see some magnificent house/neighborhood decorations.

most of the restaurants will be quite crowded, and reservations are strongly advised.
    stores will be closed, groceries will be closed...as soo n as i find out christmas hours for grocery stores i will post.

if you are there for new years eve or days leading up to new years eve......be aware that celebrations will be LOUD.
    lots of and i mean hundreds of thousands of firecrackers will line many streets and will be lit ....sounds like a military uprising

christmas and new years in aruba is not to be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BenK View Post
    Are there any special activities and traditions for christmas? Special dinners? Do the resorts do anything extra for Christmas? be our first time for Christmas in Aruba, 2nd visit this year.

I'd recommend checking out "Cas Di Luz" in Seroe Preto if you have a car. It's over the top!

Welcome and enjoy Xmas in Aruba. Its my dream to do that. We have done NYE and if you are there for that as well, its crazy! Have fun and post about your stay.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    The large resorts (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Holiday Inn) will have a buffet brunch and/or dinner. There may be some of the smaller restaurants that will be closed or closed early on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. When on the island for Christmas Day we always make reservations for Christmas dinner at Madame Janette. Reservations area a must.

Aruba since 1979
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4wxNRUngcbg
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'd recommend checking out "Cas Di Luz" in Seroe Preto if you have a car. It's over the top!