Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By wrightstnc

Thread: ClarkHoward....Checking out of Hotel procedure and receipts Cash/Plastic

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,911

    ClarkHoward....Checking out of Hotel procedure and receipts Cash/Plastic

    http://www.clarkhoward.com/1-mistake...l_facebook_sfp

    Most of the time when we travel, we settle up at the end with cash or travelers checks.
    Now we will make sure that our receipt states Paid in Full Cash and $ 0 balance on our credit card.

    The article also mentions about never using debit at hotel

    i will also copy this to the HOTEL category.

  2. #2
    Senior Member rpumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    278
    My credit card was compromised upon returning from my trip to Aruba. The only places I used my card were at the the two resorts I stayed at and the two car rental agencies I used. I am guessing there's no way to determine where the "weak link" was.

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,911
    a very "gentlemanly" term "weak link"!

    it is unfortunate that we have to be concerned.

    in aruba and all restaurants here in the usa, if we use a credit card, my husband actually follows the server to the credit card machine and does not let the card out of his sight.

    rpumpire, how did you catch the compromise? did your credit card company notify you or did you see it online usage?

    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    My credit card was compromised upon returning from my trip to Aruba. The only places I used my card were at the the two resorts I stayed at and the two car rental agencies I used. I am guessing there's no way to determine where the "weak link" was.

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Thanks Andrea..... when the casino is kind I always settle in cash and have been lax about checking the receipt... that changes now!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,673
    Most times we have prepaid our resort and any incidentals we pay in cash at checkout. I tend to be a hoarder so it's not unusual for me to still have receipts a year after! We don't have a debit card.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rpumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    rpumpire, how did you catch the compromise? did your credit card company notify you or did you see it online usage?
    The credit card company notified me of a suspected fraudulent charge. I then went online and found about a half dozen more fraudulent charges. The company wiped them all off and overnight expressed me a new card with a new number.

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,911
    calling the credit card customer service tomorrow to notify them of us being in aruba.......that is paul's assignment tomorrow.
    i do not have the patience to deal with the recordings and being on hold.

    rumpire....it is so easy these days (gosh i am old) to be able to check online at our credit card activity.

  8. #8
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Call us old fashioned but we do not have a debit card. We still write checks at the grocery store and use a credit card for almost everything else. We pay the balance every month. If someone gets my CC information, I am protected. If they get your debit card info you are not.

  9. #9
    Junior Member wrightstnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12
    I did my credit cards online in the Customer Service section of both was a Travel notification area. I have NO patience for automated operators and being on hold indefinitely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    calling the credit card customer service tomorrow to notify them of us being in aruba.......that is paul's assignment tomorrow.
    i do not have the patience to deal with the recordings and being on hold.

    rumpire....it is so easy these days (gosh i am old) to be able to check online at our credit card activity.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO