Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

cleaning supplies

good evening,
    I am a clean and germ freak(LOL), but anyway, has anyone brought in their luggage Lysol? I am not sure how clean the hotel will be, and I want to make sure that I do not pick up anyone else's germs. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

All the main grocery stores sell it.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Under my chickie at the aruba beach club along with my husband and my favorite drink
    Are you talking about lysol liquid for cleaning? I would imagine it would be fine in your checked luggage. But as eagle beach boy stated you can buy it anywhere on the island. Take some antibacterial wipes with you till you arrive. Then go to the store and purchase some lysol. Make some room in your suit case for some other item you might want to bring?

You can take some wipes with you, but we've stayed at the Tamarijn four times for a total of 46 nights and have had clean rooms and have never been ill. The rooms are outdated so will not necessarily look "glitzy, new and fresh" but they are clean.

Now if you have a first floor room and dislike sand on the tiles pack a broom! Housekeeping will sweep out the room once a day but in and out, back and forth onto the beach no matter how hard we try, well the floor ends up a bit sandy. If you are in a higher numbered room with some grass between the boardwalk and your room you will fare better in having less sand tracked into your room.

We have seen people bring their own tubs for foot washes. We just ask housekeeping for an extra tub mat to keep inside the slider to use as a mat.

Hi,
    I always pack a can of Lysol in a zip lock bag in my checked luggage. As ArubaLisa stated the rooms at the Tam are very clean, but I always just like to spray down the telephone, remote, and door handles.

Funny....I travel so much for my job and am always wiping the remotes for TV and phone, but when I get to Aruba I wonder who was in my room before me,,,,,but then I just never get around to worrying anymore about it....maybe it's the OR Nurse in me....so used to "stuff" you don't pay any attention to it anymore....But we have never had a problem with our rooms, always clean, even though they are old....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    the resort is clean.
    the sheets are clean and crisp.
    agree with lisa about the place being outdated.........cleanliness is not an issue.
    bring some clorox or lysol wipes if it makes you feel better.

cleanliness is a non issue.

enjoy your vacation without another thought or resort cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    good evening,
    I am a clean and germ freak(LOL), but anyway, has anyone brought in their luggage Lysol? I am not sure how clean the hotel will be, and I want to make sure that I do not pick up anyone else's germs. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Lisa

Thanks sooo much everyone, you have put my mind at ease. I will just bring wipes and never think about it again, since we are staying at the Tam and as stated is very clean. Thanks again for your words of wisdom..

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Room 1313 photos of room including bath

Room 1313 & 1319 room photos