Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closed threads

Closed threads

I am curious to know what causes a thread to become closed and who determines that it is closed down?

Margarita

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    moderators & their judgement

Aruba since 1979
    good question margarita

we close a thread due to any number of reasons
    • sometimes when a specific question has been answered (ex: bucuti cash situation) then there is no need to keep it open
    • if there is name calling or inappropriate behaviors
    • general rule violation
    • beating a dead horse to death over and over
    threads are moved around too to their appropriate categories (aruba story or culinary)
    quite often folks ask us to close or move a thread and if the reason is "reasonable" we oblige.

what all of the community does not see are the threads and messages we delete daily. omgosh some days there are a lot.

mostly spam and mostly folks selling stuff like travel (india and spain are very popular spam ads) and selling sneakers and electronic devices and designer bags etc...

tons of behind the scenes that the adinistration sees but not the forum members.

then there are the posts calling the administrators (nazi and gestapo and other derogaratory names). we delete those

we ban all spammers
    we ban those that threaten us and name call repeatedly

some days there is nothing fun about the forum, but most days it is great

thank you for posting and asking a very legitimate question

andrea

Andrea J:

How concise can one get! All your explanations are based on good sound judgment...as far as I am concerned. This site is not a "trash dump," which are a number of reasons you cited.

Thank you and the other moderators for keeping the site informative; exciting ...a lot of fun to access; and get answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    Andrea J:

Thank you and the other moderators for keeping the site informative; exciting ...a lot of fun to access; and get answers.
    Amen to that!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    good question margarita

we close a thread due to any number of reasons
    • sometimes when a specific question has been answered (ex: bucuti cash situation) then there is no need to keep it open
    • if there is name calling or inappropriate behaviors
    • general rule violation
    • beating a dead horse to death over and over

threads are moved around too to their appropriate categories (aruba story or culinary)
    quite often folks ask us to close or move a thread and if the reason is "reasonable" we oblige.

what all of the community does not see are the threads and messages we delete daily. omgosh some days there are a lot.

mostly spam and mostly folks selling stuff like travel (india and spain are very popular spam ads) and selling sneakers and electronic devices and designer bags etc...

tons of behind the scenes that the adinistration sees but not the forum members.

then there are the posts calling the administrators (nazi and gestapo and other derogaratory names). we delete those

we ban all spammers
    we ban those that threaten us and name call repeatedly

some days there is nothing fun about the forum, but most days it is great

thank you for posting and asking a very legitimate question

andrea
    Sums it up what we go through on my website every day too. At least you don't have to deal with hockey players, be thankful for that.

I participate on a number of forums other than my own and this is by far the most positive and engaging. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Sums it up what we go through on my website every day too. At least you don't have to deal with hockey players, be thankful for that.

I participate on a number of forums other than my own and this is by far the most positive and engaging. Keep up the good work.
    Heeeeey, I used to play hockey. I can tell you didn't, your smiley face has all it's teeth.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Andrea J,
    I must say that you all do a very good job at keeping this forum clean of spammers and junk. I have recently become a moderator of a forum that is just getting going and we have at least 3 spammers a week. I am not that computer savvy, but I can't understand how they find us! The administrator & I try to keep up with them the best we can. I have learned alot from this site that since the format is the basically the same, I can apply there. Anyway, thank you and keep up the good work, I know we all love this forum! It keeps us dreaming of our next trip to paradise.

Andrea, all of you folks do a wonderful job..you are right that we do not see a the other garbage that you have to muddle through.....we so appreciate you !!!!
    You guys rock !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    the 99% of the forum that follows the rules make our job easy.

the forum is set up in a way that there are certain keywords that "trigger" an alert so that we are more spam free.

for those of you that have a site that you moderate/monitor you have the tools to do the same thing on the administrator page of the site.

again thanks for the kind words

speaking also on behald of lisa (on a thanksgiving road trip with her family ) and liz (who is setting up her new digs in NJ) and me (sitting on a balcony overlooking the gulf of mexico)
    THANK YOU.
    andrea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast